+1

Jetworks Mod - Backordered with solution thanks to WFO.

I had my mechanic ordering a Jetworks kit for our 2000 GP1200R to go along with the primer kit, and O-Plate/Sensor install. He went through Atlantic Jet Sports who told him the kits are on backorder. In another post WFO had brought up how the old rubber gaskets had some "issues" and how he had some metal plates made up to solve that problem, so I went ahead and bought one a few weeks ago so it would be here for the install. Sure enough, after speaking to Robert at Jetworks (very helpful) the gaskets are the item holding up delivery of the kits. I explained to him that WFO had made up some metal plates, which apparently he was aware of, and thought they'd do just fine. After he found out I had the WFO plate he said he'd have a kit out to me in the morning. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they run into the same issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xray328 View Post
    I had my mechanic ordering a Jetworks kit for our 2000 GP1200R to go along with the primer kit, and O-Plate/Sensor install. He went through Atlantic Jet Sports who told him the kits are on backorder. In another post WFO had brought up how the old rubber gaskets had some "issues" and how he had some metal plates made up to solve that problem, so I went ahead and bought one a few weeks ago so it would be here for the install. Sure enough, after speaking to Robert at Jetworks (very helpful) the gaskets are the item holding up delivery of the kits. I explained to him that WFO had made up some metal plates, which apparently he was aware of, and thought they'd do just fine. After he found out I had the WFO plate he said he'd have a kit out to me in the morning. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they run into the same issue.
    metal plates are great....80 hrs no leaks with jetworks kit....

+1
    Im glad to help out xray

Just to be clear, the newer style gaskets work fine, they have just been on back-order from the supplier. They are made of a heavier, reinforced material

Thread Information