Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

300x the craft for me

New here, looking to get a pwc here this spring. Up in the air with what to get with all the models out. Looking at the 300x pretty hard, just want to figure out if it's the best craft for my riding location. I'll mainly be on a lake, it stays mildly choppy, my idea of choppy might be different then some of you guys on the big drink though. Sometimes there will be some days of pretty smooth sailing though, the winds change so much from location to location it could be smooth here and rough there. I like to go around on my lake to all the coves where everyone is hanging out and to many marinas to hangout for a while. They're all anywhere from 3-5 miles apart or more so i'd really like light the wick and fly down the water, good little cruise and i love going fast. Then on the other side of the dam is the river, won't go on there as much but it's a good change of scenery, and depending on if they're letting water out there could be a nice little current flowing. I've looked alot about the 300 and see that it's better for choppy water but it really hauls the mail when you want it to, plus there are a few mods for gaining topend here and there, and more will come as it gets more time under his belt. Sounds like a ski to me for everything i want to do though. What do you guys think?

Banned User
    +1
    right now the best your gonna get is 74ish.... you ok with that?

From your description it sounds as though you will be a "recreational enthusiast" whose riding will cover a wide variety of speeds on mostly "inland" bodys of water. If this is true I wouldn't say the 300 is the only Ski you should be considering for this type of riding (although it is a very capable machine in alot of situations). How often do you plan on riding the machine? If you plan on re fueling on your lake do you know if the Marinas have the octane requirements of the Skis you are considering? If fuel range / MPG is important to you than I would do some research in this area . . . todays Skis range from slightly less than 3 MPG all the way to about 8 MPG. I am sure many will chime in here and give you their opinions, and you will see a wide variety of opinions here. Ideally, if you can purchase "two" Skis that would be the very best thing to do. An Ultra 300 for the rougher water days. And another Ski that is lighter and preferably non supercharged which could be your "smaller water" Ski when it is not as rough. Having 2 Skis is the only sure fire way you can have the best possible Ski for ANY possible conditions on ANY given day. JB

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    Best thing I can say if go find someone with each ski you are interested in. DO NOT use the opinions of any section of this forum. I can tell you now. We will say the Ultra is the best. Yamaha will tell you to get the FZR ot VXR, and Sea Doo will say to get the new P-X. WE ARE NOT YOU. I just gave you the suggestions everyone on this forum will tell you.
    Go ride them. Get your girl on the back and have her ride with you. Go when it is choppy. It may not be all the time rough but for those days it is would will say to yourself that you would have given up a MPH or two for comfort. Listen to her input of which she likes. That will make a difference later .Look at ALL the features each ski offers that interest you. Storage Fuel capacity, Range, Stability. Ease of boarding the ski from swimming. Is it stable enough to switch positions if she wants to drive. Trust me she will want to.
    After you do all that and realize what ski you want get it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    This sounds more like get what she wants haha
    It was sounding completely like a rec ski. On rides like he mentioned of they do not have multifle skis it is possible. I see if often 2 up and the woman is miserable. Just like a bike. Do you get a sportster if you are riding 2 up cruising all day or do you get an Ultra Classic. Trust me it makes a difference. Just the same Cruising as I do I want to be as comfortable. the features of the skis also come into play.

Passenger comfort on a rec ski should be taken into consideration.

Banned User
    +1
    For this guy. A Honda 15fx best mpg great speed with minimal mods and good rough water. And very low maintenance. The 300x is a great ski but if I solely rec rode and in the areas this guy rides i don't know that I'd buy a 300x. Fuel requirements and other stuff.

Banned User
    I honestly have say that when I bought my Jetski (300x) I knew nothing about jetskis but after I got into this world I realized the the best way is Yamaha for sure the ski is super beautifull fast and more reliable for sure with a few bucks it's super fast compared to the heavily dragging body of this ultra

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfo View Post
    I honestly have say that when I bought my Jetski (300x) I knew nothing about jetskis but after I got into this world I realized the the best way is Yamaha for sure the ski is super beautifull fast and more reliable for sure with a few bucks it's super fast compared to the heavily dragging body of this ultra
    Since your ski is so unreliable, ugly and slow, I would assume you would dump it so you can go buy your yamaha. I have room for one more Ultra in my shop. What do you want for it?

+1
    Check out this entry and what is being ridden for the MH

34 Ben Booker Nicolas Rius Pro Am Open Kawasaki 260X #4

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Check out this entry and what is being ridden for the MH

34 Ben Booker Nicolas Rius Pro Am Open Kawasaki 260X #4
    I saw that GL. Maybe he's going for a win instead of the faster racer to do a lap then break ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information