05 GTX start button and wear ring

Hi guys
    Just took out my ski munched a nice big rock and now I can see a chunk all around missing from the wear ring, on my own it's not too bad but with someone on the rear when I accelerate full it just hits the limiter straight away and doesn't really go that good just bounces of the limiter, is this typical with a bad wear ring ?

Also other issue:

Start button feels a little hard to press and sometimes when I go to start it it tries to turn over and doesn't do anything, just turns over once, couple times 'key' comes up but thats only happened one or twice othertimes it just doesn't start and eventually after pulling out the key it will turn over

Could this be a sticky or faulty start button ?

Thanks any help would be appreciated

I will upload pics when I get home
    Zac

I'm more Concerned about the starting issue

Almost thought I was stuck way out today,

So it's just like the motor turns over
    Once and alsmost like it looses power and then I keep pressing the start button and key will be displayed on the odd occasion

So inky key stuffed? Or post? Or stator relay?

Any help would be really appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Zlat46 View Post
    Hi guys
    Just took out my ski munched a nice big rock and now I can see a chunk all around missing from the wear ring, on my own it's not too bad but with someone on the rear when I accelerate full it just hits the limiter straight away and doesn't really go that good just bounces of the limiter, is this typical with a bad wear ring ?

Also other issue:

Start button feels a little hard to press and sometimes when I go to start it it tries to turn over and doesn't do anything, just turns over once, couple times 'key' comes up but thats only happened one or twice othertimes it just doesn't start and eventually after pulling out the key it will turn over

Could this be a sticky or faulty start button ?

Thanks any help would be appreciated

I will upload pics when I get home

Zac
    I have heard you can turn the wear ring around put the pump in the freezer for an hour and it should (the wear ring) come out
    the other problem check your post and key for any dirt and clean if needed.

wear ring damage, would this cause the ski to act like this

in regards to the starting issue, the battery is 3 weeks old, could it possibly be an issue with the connections to the battery? as it feels like it wants to start and turns over once and stops

Is there such a thing as the incorrect battery for the ski? I baught the most expensive sealed one the marine store had, just trying to thing would it cause it to do this

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlat46 View Post
    wear ring damage, would this cause the ski to act like this

Yes that would make your ski cavitate and yes there is "the right battery" needed

in regards to the starting issue, the battery is 3 weeks old, could it possibly be an issue with the connections to the battery? as it feels like it wants to start and turns over once and stops

With regards to the starting issue, you could have either a starting button that is going bad, a bad DESS post, or a bad solenoid.

My guess your DESS post is going bad. Mine is weak on my '05 RXT, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. There is a reed switch internally that gets weak, and causes all kinds of havoc when it doesn't make good contact.

+1
    What is the clearance of your wear ring and the edge of your impeller blade?
    from the picture it looks like the blade is actually recessed into the wear ring?
    It could just be the angle of the photo,
    Check the stickys in the how too section on changing the wear ring, tons of info there for a lot of things,

Clearance is pretty tight but not resting on it.... bought a ring today will have it installed tommorow and see what happeneds.

also bought a brand new battery, swapped it for my old one incase it had a fault, ill report back if its fixed the issues

can the start buttons be pulled appart and cleaned? or are they a sealed unit?

Thread Information