Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

I'm Bailing out !!

I finally came to my senses. Why did I ever consider buying a new Ultra is beyond comprehension. Maybe because I believed what I heard from Kawi that it would be the fastest, quickest stock ski to date with NO exception. Seems like I got a line of BS. As it stands, my stock engined Ultra150 is faster than this new gas eater. I don't need a "boat", if I did I would not have sold my 130mph STV drag boat. I never ride with a passenger. If I did, I could use one of my other 3 passenger skis. I no longer use my skis in the ocean (salt water). I ride mostly narrow winding rivers with sharp turns and mostly calm water. After finally seeing what the new hull looks like last week, I left unimpressed. Workmanship is sub par, panel fitment sucks, the color blue used also sucks. Tomorrow I'll make some phone calls to get my 2 deposits back. If it took Kawi 4 years to come out with this ski, not much can be said for their engineering !!

Richard

+1
    Wow that sure was a quick turn around. Now all of a sudden it's a "gas eater" and "not much can be said for their engineering !!" .

"Why did I ever consider buying a new Ultra is beyond comprehension."

You've lost alot of credibilty as far as I'm concerned- you go from arranging a group buy on them to bashing the thing!?

Why is it that the guys who do all the talking are always the ones who wind up....?? You would have been better off just simply stating that after you saw it you decided it was not for you.

Sorry, but I think this sudden change of heart is going to make you look pretty foolish to alot of people around here.

+1
    Hey, if he don't want one, then he don't want one.

Face it, not everyone is in the market for a large family craft.

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    man, thats a shame. I dont understand it anymore!

Richard, I hear ya, if your not completely satisfied, why spend the $$$$$$$$$$$$$...PR...

+1
    Ah--way2fast--you finally came to your senses. You saw this ski/boat for what it is--a POJS. I saw one the other day in person--too big--shoddy workman ship---very poor engineering---just try o tinker with the motor--if you arms and hands are larger than a four year old kid--good luck. Whats POJS--should be easy to figure out--- piece of jap sh--

+1
    I feel the same way.

Again, if I rode in rough lakes or the intercoastal it would be awesome.

+1
    I dont understand everyone thought this ski was to compete with a gpr, 150, or rxp??? who are you kidding it is designed to be in a class with a FX , RXT ect. It would be nice to have it with a gpr rxp ect. It WILL not make us "small ski" guys happy! period! why would you ever think it would replace a 2 seater!

It'd be nice if they made a 2 seater version of it no larger than the RXP. Keep everything the same and just make the dimensions smaller (if this is possible from an engineering standpoint). Then I'd like to see it compared to the RXP and GPR in more aspects.

+1
    Well,
    it would be nice if ANYBODY made a two seater with a 200plus engine. As of today, NO ONE does.

These things are still just water scooters, play toys, that damn near anyone can ride... and no one takes the market seriously. Do you realize that in some states, a TWELVE YEAR OLD can legally drive a boat...any boat.

As long as KIDS, can drive these with not even supervision then don't expect this industry to offer the equivelent of a sport bike, or a bad azz quad, or even the power of a damn weed trimmer, without putting it in a 1000lb ski.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information