Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    251

    Thinking about an x charger

    Comeing up to 84 hrs planning on ferea valves and riva valve train but now I'm already thinking it would be better to buy a new charger instead of rebuilding so I'm thinking about the xcharger what else do I need to buy and instal to run it with what I've got already?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119
    a way to monitor AFR, possiblly injectors and/or an adjustable FPR or RRFPR.

  3. #3
    skigolfnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    League City TX
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    33
    I ran an x charger in a stock 2006 rxp, and added the 42#s with a 15/20 prop and it was good all season long, you will love the x-charger, then later you can add the ET-137 wheel,
    When I put on the EX IC is when I installed the Innovate AFR gauge and the RRFPR,

  4. #4
    pass1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gatineau, Canada
    Posts
    423
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    I ran an x charger in a stock 2006 rxp, and added the 42#s with a 15/20 prop and it was good all season long, you will love the x-charger, then later you can add the ET-137 wheel,
    When I put on the EX IC is when I installed the Innovate AFR gauge and the RRFPR,
    +1 here, except it was on a big couch... GTX

  5. #5
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    If your already going to upgrade your valves and valvetrain I would just suggest.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=363

    and Either a Riva ECU or have Jerry tune your OEM ecu to run the X charger, External IC, and 48's/50's. This way you pick up the power of the IC. and its 100% RELIABLE, SAFE< AND EFFICIENT with out monitering A/Fs and adding the RRFPR....
    plus its a 80+ ski!!!

    Check out this link to see what the X chrager is capable of...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141238

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    If your already going to upgrade your valves and valvetrain I would just suggest.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=363

    and Either a Riva ECU or have Jerry tune your OEM ecu to run the X charger, External IC, and 48's/50's. This way you pick up the power of the IC. and its 100% RELIABLE, SAFE< AND EFFICIENT with out monitering A/Fs and adding the RRFPR....
    plus its a 80+ ski!!!

    Check out this link to see what the X chrager is capable of...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141238
    Ive just got a riva gen 2 i/c from jerry and fitted it i forgot to add

  7. #7
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ski33 View Post
    Ive just got a riva gen 2 i/c from jerry and fitted it i forgot to add
    With out a doubt....Go with the X charger and a Reflash then...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    251
    Thanks guys do you think the new vetch hand held would be a better option than a reflash?

  9. #9
    mac_man_luke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,262
    +1
    22
    Handheld is a good option because it allows you to change tunes, not loose your ecu while getting tuned and also return to stock if you sell it.

  10. #10
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by ski33 View Post
    Thanks guys do you think the new vetch hand held would be a better option than a reflash?
    I believe you need to have the re-flash done regardless. The hand held unit just allows you to make adjustments at home, vs. sending it out to have it re-flashed again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking about an "04 GTX 4tec
    By TurboTony in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 02:10 PM
  2. about to install an x charger
    By got wake? in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 09:07 AM
  3. Thinking about buying an older speedster...
    By rpt50 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
  4. Thinking About Getting an 05 GPR
    By maxadrenaline in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •