Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to connect jetworks valve on wave venture

Hey guys I have a wave venture 1100 and wanted to do the jetworks mod. I am just in the planning stages right now for the valve to make sure I get the right parts for the project including the valve.

I have taken a few pictures of the line that I think is the one from the pump but cant tell if it is a 3/8" line or 1/2" line. The line that goes onto the exhaust that I am thinking is the water line looks like 1/4" but can't really tell so I might go get a 3/8" and 1/4" fitting just to make sure the sizes.

here are the pictures of the line

Then I have this line that comes from the exhaust manifold (stinger?) towards the top. It looks like it is a factory silencer for added water at the exit but not sure

In the first pictures that seems to be the right line that feeds the water to the motor but of course not to sure since I am new to modding skis. If it is I wanted to T off of that line and reduce down (if it is 1/4" at the exhaust) to connect to the exhaust.

I have seen a lot of install pictures but they are all from mostly the GP skis so I am just trying to make sure this is the proper line to tap into

Here is a pic of the original impeller and to me it looks like it is in really good shape

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrippleVenture View Post
    here are the pictures of the line

WOW that thing is CLEAN!!

Yes that is the hose that feeds the engine its cooling water. It connects to the bottom of the exhaust manifold, then the water flows into the cylinders, and out of the head.
    One thing to be aware of is by teeing off of that hose you are potentially reducing the water flow to the engine. Plus on top of that, barbed hose fittings also restrict flow a little bit due there smaller inside diameter. It might not give you a problem at all, but if you end up having overheat issues you'll need know thats a possibility.
    If possible, bump up to next size tee and try to squeeze the hose over it. That way it won't restrict water flow. Also note that brass tee are thicker and therefore the inside diameter is smaller then the comparable plastic tee.
    This all may be overkill, but its things like this that can cause issues.

Yeah it was really clean when I got it and I continue to keep it all wiped down after every run.

I will try to get a bigger size T fitting for that hose. That line disappears under the carbs and can't tell where it goes. In the one pic where I show the line that connects to the exhaust would I be able to just fit the valve onto that line instead of splicing into the main line? The line that hooks to the exhaust looks like 1/4" though. Also there is another line ontop of the exhaust that goes all the way to back and connects in right where the exhaust exit is and have no idea what that hose is for.

Right now I need to tune my low speed needle because when I took it out today it was bogging a lot at low speed and it is making it smell rich so I am going to just turn it in a 1/8 of a turn. Hope it helps out along with the valve.

I also should be getting my riva groovy ride plate and intake grate on Tuesday and then install it on friday. Hope it helps with power

+1
    This picture doesn't look familiar to me. I don't even know what its a picture of Do you have any zoomed out pics of that area?

That hose connects to a spot on the exhaust. It has a hose ontop of the exhaust and then it runs back to that spot. It is really weird to me also. I will get a pic of the spot on the exhaust when my camera charges up. I will also show where the water inlet is also just to make sure that is the right one.

I was thinking if it is the right hose then just connecting jetworks valve onto it instead of splicing the main water line

I just took some pics on my phone but don't know how to post them. I am going to upload them to the comp in a min

OK here are some pictures of that hose

And here is the hose I would like to connect the jetworks valve onto if there is enough pressure to do so

+1
    OK here are some pictures of that hose

That hose on my GP1200 also runs to the back but just dumps overboard above the pressure hose that brings water to the engine. Looks like your dumps at the exhaust outlet. To be honest, I don't know it that will work or not. It might or might not, I'm not sure.
    Here's a pic of my setup tee'd off the head:

so should I do it like how you have it pictured or can I just use the stock hose that already connects to the exhaust and put the jetworks valve on that? I was thinking I could but looks like I would need to use the 1/4" valve.

I also turned my low speed needle a 1/8 of a turn leaner because it seems to be running really rich and it was able to start better then before. I really don't know if that helped my hole shot yet because I only had it running on the hose for a quick min with tiny blips of the throttle and it wasn't up to regular temp yet so it still bogged some on the trailer.

I am hoping this valve and some slight tuning on the carbs will help out a bit. I will be getting my ride plate and grate tomorrow but then it's off to figure out which pitch prop to get. The nice thing is jetworks is in the next city over from me so I can just go get the valve friday before I go work on the ski.

+1
    I wish I could tell you. All I know is that my way does work for me. Just putting inline on the existing 1/4" hose should also work....but I think I've heard it doesn't due lack of consistent pressure there but I'm not sure why that would be. You might have to experiment a little bit. worst thing that could happen is lack of water flow to the downstream exhaust rubber couplers and they could melt. But the good news is that you can usually find those used on eBay or here in the classifieds for pretty cheap if needed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information