Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: riva rrfpr

+1

riva rrfpr

Hi guy's!!

Just received my riva rrfpr and I'm a little confused about where each fuel line goes as the instructions are not really clear when it comes for fuel hoses routing, could anyone help me with that.
    What i'm thinking is:
    hose #1 from fuel tank to rrfpr, the OEM fitting goes to the fuel tank at OEM pump fitting (pump outlet).
    hose #2 is the return line to fuel tank (will have to install the barb fitting supplied in kit)
    hose #3 is going from rrfpr to fuel rail (using hose with OEM fitting that was connected to pump outlet).

Am I correct??

Thanks!

[/URL][/IMG]

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pass1 View Post
    Hi guy's!!

Just received my riva rrfpr and I'm a little confused about where each fuel line goes as the instructions are not really clear when it comes for fuel hoses routing, could anyone help me with that.
    What i'm thinking is:
    hose #1 from fuel tank to rrfpr, the OEM fitting goes to the fuel tank at OEM pump fitting (pump outlet).
    hose #2 is the return line to fuel tank (will have to install the barb fitting supplied in kit)
    hose #3 is going from rrfpr to fuel rail (using hose with OEM fitting that was connected to pump outlet).

Am I correct??

Thanks!

[/URL][/IMG]

the oem fuel line that clips onto the fuel pump will not go to the fitting on the rrfpr, the line with no fitting on it coming off the rrfpr will go to the new barb fitting that you will install in the top of the sending unit, the other line on the rrfpr with the fitting on it will connect to the fuel pump,

+1
    I think it's kinda weird that the OEM fitting will not plug into the rrfpr#3 port cause when i received the regulator the fitting at the end of hose #1 was connected to that #3 port (probably to save space for shipping) and it is designed to plug into MY pump outlet.

+1
    Port #1 and #3 are common so it does not matter which one goes to the rail or the adapter. #2 is return.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Port #1 and #3 are common so it does not matter which one goes to the rail or the adapter. #2 is return.
    Why does he have to use all 3 fittings? Essentially the RRFPR is a plug. Have the fuel pump send fuel to the rail, put the rrfpr after the rail to maintain pressure, return to the tank and plug the second in/out hole on the FPR. That's how I ran my cars

I'm also curious because I have an Aeromotive compact EFI about to go on my ski and was only going to use one in port and the return

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Why does he have to use all 3 fittings? Essentially the RRFPR is a plug. Have the fuel pump send fuel to the rail, put the rrfpr after the rail to maintain pressure, return to the tank and plug the second in/out hole on the FPR. That's how I ran my cars

I'm also curious because I have an Aeromotive compact EFI about to go on my ski and was only going to use one in port and the return
    You can do it that way, but the stock rail is not tapped for a return.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post

You can do it that way, but the stock rail is not tapped for a return.
    Why would you need to return from the rail? Excess fuel pressure is sent back to the tank by the FPR through its return. Pressure is maintained in the rail between the pump and the FPR. The only time I ever use the extra FPR port is nitrous.

I'm failing to see any benefit of this setup.

+1
    You use two in ports one the the tank out and one to the rail so you and tee into #1 or use #1 and #3 without the tee.

Why would you need to return from the rail? Excess fuel pressure is sent back to the tank by the FPR through its return. Pressure is maintained in the rail between the pump and the FPR. The only time I ever use the extra FPR port is nitrous.

I'm failing to see any benefit of this setup.
    All of the benefit comes with the port at the top of the pic is connected to the intake manifold. With this line connected, the fuel pressure in the fuel rail will always be 45-60 PSI above the pressure in the intake. This 45-60 range depends on how you set the base pressure. It the motor is not running and you set the fuel pressure to 45 PSI, that is 45 PSI greater than to 0 pressure in the intake as the motor is dead. When the motor is pulling 15 PSI boost, the fuel pressure will now be 45+15 or 60 PSI at WOT. If you up the boost to say 30 PSI the new fuel pressure in the rail will be 45+30 or 75 PSI. Now you start running into issues if you pump can not supply the volume of fuel per min ans still hold the 75 PSI. We normally install pressure transducers or gauges on the fuel rail and clear fuel lines on the fuel return lines to verify that the fuel pump is pulling enough pressure AND volume at WOT when on the dyno.

Andy

Here is a fairly good website talking about how this stuff works

http://www.knology.net/~rv7rotary/fu...em%20files.htm

Andy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information