Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

BEACHBUG, Ocean City MD, Aug. 24-26

Ok lets try this again. Join us friday August 24th through sunday August 26th for the BEACHBUG in Ocean City, MD. Friday will be just a laid back riding day to get to know everyone, some surf riding, maybe a cruise before sundown. Saturday we'll meet on the beach at assateague just outside of the Ocean City Commercial Harbor at 10am for a GPS shootout (unless someone has radar). Whenever thats over we'll hit up Secrets by water, tie up the skis , and grab some lunch. I don't want to try to over organize this like last year. Lets just get together, ride, and have a good time. I'm working on getting more info for those of you not familiar with the area.

Ocean City Commercial Harbor - These directions are to the intersection of Golf Course Rd. and Sunset Ave. Once you get there you can't miss the ramps and parking lot. This is the best free ramp in OC and puts you right out at the back of Assateague state park and the Ocean City inlet. Have saftey equipment and registration handy as the DNR frequent this ramp. Here's a link to mapquest with the ramp already on it. Just enter your address and get directions.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ate=MD&zipcode=

Hotel info - Coming soon!

Seacrets - "The Disney world of bars" And called that for a good reason. Seacrets is HUGE! During the day you can pull up by water and tie up at one of their many shallow moorings and wade to shore for some food and drinks. They have an area of floating rafts that you can lounge on while being served or sitdown booths mere feet from the water. There's different sections for different kinds of music and usually live bands. If you go to ocean city and don't check out Seacrets, you're missing out. www.seacrets.com (website seems to be down at the time)

+1
    can i get an amen brother? I AM SO THERE

+1
    Here are a few pics of the ramp and parking lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn0199.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	14210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn0198.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	395.7 KB 
ID:	14211  

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    I'm there! not doubt about it

+1
    My next challenge is to find trailer friendly hotels close by. And if you have a camera or video camera, bring it and take lots of video and pics!

Count us(wife and I) in as long as I'm not TDY. I heard a rumor today that Seacrets might be shutting the doors this year. Anyone else heard anything on this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Suthrn View Post
    Count us(wife and I) in as long as I'm not TDY. I heard a rumor today that Seacrets might be shutting the doors this year. Anyone else heard anything on this.
    Wow, really? That sucks. I don't see why they would. They have to be making a killing! There's no place like it. Well if it is true there's no shortage of places on the water to go to. If anyone can find out for sure let us know!

I don't know for sure. Just heard someone at work today talking about it. Said something about someone wanting to put up more condos or hotels there. I'm with you though and can't believe it because whoever owns that place is sitting on a gold mine.

Rumors have been circulating that they were gonna tear it down to make Condos. They're not, they're tearing down the hotel i stayed at last year(trailer friendly hotel) and making condos there. Seacrets is a cash cow beyond anything i could imagine.

Oh, and I'm in. Helmet cam and all.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    Rumors have been circulating that they were gonna tear it down to make Condos. They're not, they're tearing down the hotel i stayed at last year(trailer friendly hotel) and making condos there. Seacrets is a cash cow beyond anything i could imagine.

Oh, and I'm in. Helmet cam and all.
    Hell yeah Mike. You know of any trailer friendly hotels that they aren't tearing down? I'm gonna go down soon for a lil weekend trip so i could look then.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information