+1

2012 sho cuiser mods help

hello,i have been reading lots of info on this site and am thankful for all the info and everyones willingness to help. Heres my question i will be purchasing the new 2012 fx sho cruiser,do alot of ocean riding. and have been looking at the riva stage kits and have read about all the reflashes and other ecu upgrades. i was wondering about the riva/athena ecu upgrade and what exactly that does and how it works? is it the same as a reflash? just in a diff ecu? i believe its around 1500.00 i want to get around 78mph and will do the fuel press reg, the bov, and engine cooling upgrade,with the e1 charger wheel.has anyone done any mods to the new 2012 ski? wondering how it will do being it is now 140'' long. and where i should be with an impeller? thank you in advance!!!!!!! thanks gerry.... you guys have an awsome site here... i live in maine and we dont have any place here that does this stuff,its all trial and error....

+1
    if you are doing those mods you will also need a r3 ecu and an intercooler upgrade. as for prop you will need a skat poss 14/23 or 13/25. you will also need a tbm cone to stop cavitation. dont go solas as you will be cavitating like mad on the sho. i know i tried. i went 13/23 then re pitched it myself. i also went with the r & d water cooled housing. do the ride plate scoop grate pump seal etc first. the e1 will need a reflash to get the boost of the stock limiter. you will also need to upgrade your clutch at some point.

+1
    but doesnt the riva/athena ecu take the place of haveing your stock ecu feflashed? i want to keep my ecu stock incase i have a warranty issue...

78mph = No warranty..... If your going to mod your ski kiss warranty goodbye(in most cases). Your going to have to have some mechanical skills and be able to fix things on your own or know someone that can.

+1
    so what does the athena ecu do then? i am going to do the work myself,thats not the prob... have owned a few skis this will be my first new one.. i originally was goin to go with the r3 reflash and the e1 wheel with all the mods in the riva stage 2 setup.... i am just curious about the riva/athena.. how they work and how they compare to the reflashes.... and how high can you turn these motors up on just pump gas 91 octane,without changing the valvesprings out?

Well I dont know about the Athena... I believe you have some tuning with it that you can do on your own. Not 100% sure. The reflashes you have to send back to dealer if you want anything changed. I would not go above 8500rpm and about 14psi boost on stock motor,some might go higher but I like to stay on the safe side. Look a my mods and if you make the same mods you will be more than happy,I know that 100%! Now just break out the wallet, your going to spend 6000k-7000k to hit 80mph if you buy new parts and make the upgrades to make it safe(tunnel upgrade,boost and afr gauge and so on). Just my .02

+1
    im running on a r3 et15.5 on pump gas with stock internals got 150+ hours on now with no problems. am just waiting for my fizzle i/c to clear customs to complete my set up. im at near where you want to be on stock i/c.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    THE ANTHENA will replace the stock ecu and work better than the reflash, i think it will give the option to log and upload different Maps. Dont quote me on that

+1
    well i ordered my new 2012 fx cruiser sho 2 weeks ago,got a call today saying it would be ready to come pick up this weekend. i plan on going down to the river to test it out. since its the only place the ice is out.. thank everyone for there replies and input.

Thread Information