Thread: lighting

Hey guys my crossover when I bought it didn't come with a hitch and lighting. So I went to u-haul to get a hitch and plug installed a year ago. Well just yesterday I noticed my right rear trailer light wasn't blinking or getting brake but the other side was. I took off the rear lights on the car and saw how they wired it up. I also noticed a box all the wires go into from uhaul that looks like a converter or a box to help with power since it has a fuse and ground on it also.

So I checked all connections and even put my light tester on the cars plug and sure enough the right side hole on the connector wasn't working. I am getting running lights on the whole trailer though.

So my question is can I get rid of that box that they installed and just tap into the wire from the rear lights and just put a bigger fuse in under the dash? I have never seen this box before and only seen the trailer lights tapped into the original wiring for the car.

If I need to get a picture for reference I can since it is easy to do so

Banned User
    Milwaukee WI
    You can buy light kits that just plug right into the existing vehicle wiring. NO cutting or splicing required. They cost between 20 and 30 bucks usually.

Great! Is a good place to get the kit?

Also I wanted to put l.e.d lights on the trailer along with the side markers would I need to do anything to the wiring to handle them?

Thread Information