Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new 260??

The new 260??

I ride a rxp-x 255 now its an 08, i ride in a lot of choppy water conditions , and i have even considered getting a heavier ski like a kawasaki cuz in the ocean i cant hang with the "heavies" im wondering if there are any sea doo alternatives i love the speed on glass but want somethin i can really ride in chop as well, how are the new skis running in the chop with the new hull shape??

+1
    Get the 12'RXPX, the new hull handles the chop with ease but still feels extremely light and turns on a time, you will love it!

Yeah I've heard despite SeaDoo going for a turning hull with the RXPX this year, it still handles chop really nice. You could always go for the RXTX or even RXTX AS.

+1
    Don't waste your time. Go with the 300x. Its King of the chop, turns on a dime, starts off like a sling shot and has the high speed to boot...check out all the youtube vids
    And you will soon see nothing compares to it, hence everyone makes their comparisons against the Kawasaki 300x ultra

+1
    A lot of people don't want to pay for the AS260, but let me tell you, I have it, and it is the shiznit in the chop. I came from a 2007 RXP, and I can tell you that if you want to haul the mail in rough water it will not let you down. The 300 is a beast as well, but there are two things about that. First, prepare to get sprayed by all the Seadoo's when the water is semi-calm, and second I don't particularly care for the build quality of the Kawi. I've ridden 2 different 300's, and for me personally, it seems like a good boat, but I just don't like the feel & I don't like the quality of the storage containers. Small stuff....So, if you are riding strictly off-shore in rough chop all the time, I would maybe consider the 300....Otherwise, seriously think about that
    the RXT-X as260....that way when it's time to haul buggy on the smooth stuff, you won't be left behind. Best of all, you'll still be able to stay in the Seadoo Camp!

+1
    Jsiouan

Can you please point out any youtube VIDs supporting you claims with Seadoo's or Yamaha's ahead of 300x?

I had 6 life jackets an anchor and portable BBQ in my storage compartment (with room to spare) yeah real small

+1
    Here we go...I gave feedback based on my experiences with both ski's. I don't ride around with a camcorder collecting video. I'm just in this to ride fast, be safe & have fun. I'm not looking to start a pissing war over who makes the best ski. I've ridden a couple of the Kawi's, and I own a XTas260. I would not trade my ski for the 300. In the crew that I ride with, 3 guys have 300's, 2 guys have FX SHO's and the rest of us have some version of the RXT. The 300's kick butt in the chop, but they can't get away from me. When the water is calmer, those Seadoo's with mod's pull the Kawasaki's. You'll just have to believe what I'm telling you. Really, you can't lose with either boat, but as I stated earlier, I like the SeaDoo better. If you want to keep up with the Kawi's in rough water while staying with a better brand IMO, get the X with the suspension.

In regards to the storage bin, I never said anything about the size. I don't like the latch, and my brother has a 250X that used to take on water around those compartments all the time. I don't know why. 300 doesn't seem to have that problem, but I hope this has been helpful to the guy asking for advice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ange5583 View Post
    Jsiouan

Can you please point out any youtube VIDs supporting you claims with Seadoo's or Yamaha's ahead of 300x?

I had 6 life jackets an anchor and portable BBQ in my storage compartment (with room to spare) yeah real small

And maybe I'm crazy, but I know I didn't say anything about a Yamaha. If you love the 300, great. There is a forum full of folks who do. But I wouldn't go from a Seadoo to a Kawi. And I didn't even mention anything about the close loop cooling system in salt water.

+1
    That's my point, "those Seadoo's with mod's pull the Kawasaki's" so to be fair you would need to have a Mod's 300x also. I didn't ask you for your VIDs as i know there are no independent ones on youtube to back up your claim.

K made major mods to the complete craft to address issues on 250x and 260x hence redesigned and made one of the best skis on the current market (could change in 2013)

Although i do agree the Seadoo 260 is a very nice craft (looks great to me too), but if one was looking for the best in 2012 it has to be 300x (hands down) hence that's why i choose the 300x over the seadoo and Yamaha.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ange5583 View Post
    That's my point, "those Seadoo's with mod's pull the Kawasaki's" so to be fair you would need to have a Mod's 300x also. I didn't ask you for your VIDs as i know there are no independent ones on youtube to back you claim.

K made major mods to the complete craft to address issues on 250x and 260x hence redesigned one of the best skis on the current market (could change in 2013)

Although i do agree the Seadoo 260 is a very nice craft (looks great to me too), but if one was looking for the best in 2012 it has to be 300x (hands down) hence that's why i choose the 300x over the seadoo and Yamaha.

We could go back and forth all night (and morning) about this....From what I've seen, Kawi doesn't have many productive Mod's for the 300. I don't think Jerry even has a VTECH flash for it yet. There are a few guys on this forum getting 80+ out of the RXT. But when I look at the Kawi page I don't recall anyone having an 80+ Kawasaki. Or maybe they do, and I haven't seen em yet. My understanding from the OP was that he had the same dilemma I had last year. Which is keeping up with the Kawi's in the chop somewhat, and being fast on glass. My ski will keep up with the Kawi's in the chop, and when I start modding it in a few weeks, I'll be able to outrun them on smooth water.

Bottom line, both companies made great ski's. I wouldn't have a problem riding a 300, but for my money, that RXT X is the heat. I don't have an opinion on the 12 RXP yet, but I will in a few days when my buddy who sold his 300 to get one has his delivered.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information