Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

need help on paint.....

can anyone give me some guidance here? esp the paint guys? we own a body shop and i have every colour under the rainbow at my fingertips. i originally was going to just paint my plastics but i wanted that extra more and now im painting my plastics and the whole deck rubrail up.. leaving the gel hull black on the bottom.
    im going a light metalic colour that is a tri coat... i know the processes in general but my question is how would the best way to go with this be? ive painted skis before but not a tri coat metalic and with it being my own ski i want to do it proper. will i need to scuff the deck and prime it? or can i wet on wet it seal it and paint it? im worried if i wet on wet it the metalic will look seedy outside so i have a feeling ill be needing to prime it. any help will be great thank you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    can anyone give me some guidance here? esp the paint guys? we own a body shop and i have every colour under the rainbow at my fingertips. i originally was going to just paint my plastics but i wanted that extra more and now im painting my plastics and the whole deck rubrail up.. leaving the gel hull black on the bottom.
    im going a light metalic colour that is a tri coat... i know the processes in general but my question is how would the best way to go with this be? ive painted skis before but not a tri coat metalic and with it being my own ski i want to do it proper. will i need to scuff the deck and prime it? or can i wet on wet it seal it and paint it? im worried if i wet on wet it the metalic will look seedy outside so i have a feeling ill be needing to prime it. any help will be great thank you
    I would go wet on wet. If your sealer doesnt lay down smooth then simply let it dry and sand it smooth. If it lays down nice then keep on going.

+1
    If it were my ski I'd Sand the deck with 600 grit sandpaper and fix any bad scratches or nicks and prime those spots alone.. It's not necessary to seal it before paint.. but it can add some extra protection to knicks in the future as sealer tends to act as a cushion. .. ..

+1
    skis clean no nicks at all.... scuff and paint haha

+1
    I would sand with 320 prine.block sand then paint

+1
    My 2 cents IDE spot repair any damage and urathane prime. Block hull with 180 or 220 and urathane prime- gets a lot of the glass waves out. Wet sand 400 if your using a urathane. Definitely use sealer to get one solid base cover or you'll never hide with a met 3 stage. When your putting on the base and color coats to keep it fro
    Mottling around all the curves and negative spaces pull your gun back a little and use lighter fogging coats to keep colors even.

+1
    gord its going to look good.... paints soooo expensive even my cost haha im going to take my time on this......

+1
    ive done a spray out and this colours going to pop on the water... shes bright in the sun haha

+1
    What paint system and color are you using?

+1
    sweet what paint are you spraying? which tri stage are you spraying(color code) just curious.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information