Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hot water from the PUMP while on hose, Is it normal for a 300lx??

For the last 2 weeks I have flushed my ski on the hose I have noticed that the water drizzling from the pump is uncomfetably hot to touch, I don't remember it ever being that hot before. The water from the exhaust outlet seems to be warm as normal but not "Cant keep my hand under it for too long" like the pump water..
    Could something be going on there?
    Cheers

It's normal. Mine is the same.

Sweet, Thanks man..

+1
    When flushing the ski the water is going in reverse. This inlet is now the outlet and the outlet is now the inlet. The water is flowing through the ski then exiting the section of the pump where it is normally being forced to the engine. All is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    When flushing the ski the water is going in reverse. This inlet is now the outlet and the outlet is now the inlet. The water is flowing through the ski then exiting the section of the pump where it is normally being forced to the engine. All is normal.
    GOOD news, Cheers..

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Mine is warm, not hot, you can leave your hand there easy. The exhaust is cold.

Make sure you are running enough water through the ski. Check the pisser and make sure it's coming out at around the same level when you are normally idling in the wter. I actually like a little more running through mine.

Put your hand on the exhaust, it should be cool to warm to touch. Touch the engine (I put my hand on the front so I can touch the block and head). Mine is hot but not usually too hot I can't keep my hand on it.

I blip the throttle part way through flushing, that usually brings the temp of the exhaust up (I keep a close eye on the temp here actually). When I finally up plug the hose and blip the throttle to get the water out, by the third blip the exhaust is warm. After you shut the ski off (10 seconds) it actually gets hotter over the next 20-30 seconds as heat soak sets in. This is why I like to keep the exhaust cool. It allows me to blip the thottle three times before I shut it down.

Hope this helps.

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    The exhaust is cold.
    Put your hand on the exhaust, it should be cool to warm to touch.
    Mal.
    Thanks Mal, Sounds like your exhaust is a lot cooler than mine, Are you talking about starting it from a cold state or strait out of the water after tearing around on it.
    Maybe the water pressure at the ramp isn't good enough cause I had it on all the way and I couldn't get it to pissout like I was idling on the water.

+1
    Yeah, be careful. This is the amount of water you need as a minimum.

"The engine requires 2.4 L/min (2.5 qts/min) at 1800 rpm and 7.0 L/min (7.4 qts/min) at 6000 rpm"

I'm probably a bit over that amount. I blip the throttle a few times making sure the waterbox isn't collecting too much water (I suspect the engine would actually stall before it collected too much though).

Its kind of hard to know what that means since you have to force it into the engine, One place I ride the hose is gravity feed from up a hill. Just because it fills a 2.4L bucket in a minute doesn't mean its gonna force it into the engine if you know what I mean. Last time I was there I could hardly get it to come out the pisser so I bailed out.

+1
    Yep, I know what you mean. Good point. I need to turn my tap on full blast to get the water flowing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information