My 1993 Seadoo XP

Drove 4 hours yesterday to pick up my new (to me) 1993 Seadoo XP jet ski. Definitely a fixer upper. Has a few issues but I picked it up for only $150!!! I think I got a pretty good deal. Cant wait to dive right in and start fixing it up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0239.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	264503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg 
Views:	1133 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	264504

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    I think you got a good deal too.

Oddly, there was one of that exact same model for sale here on CL not to long ago, although it was running.
    Thought about it, but am getting ready to go to FLA for a bit and didnt need a project - we're parsing things to get rid of them.

Should be a fun ski for you, when you get it all polished up.

Should be! Have a few mods I have to do. Redo the seat, flush the engine, gooped down with oil :/ but good compression. Easy fix. And some new fuel lines! I'm gonna clean it up too real nice

Fixed the starter issue. The ground cable and the power cable on the starter were so corroded, it was only gettIng a certain amount of current. Grinded them down and popped open the electrical box to search for issues. Right off the bat I noticed that the top part had been replaced. After opening I noticed that the top part contained some relays waterproofed to the top so the whole thing ha been replaced. The wires were DUCT TAPED!!!! Wow.... I took it off. Stripped them. Soldered them and capped them. Fired right up. Now to only clean the carbs and new gas. And I'm ready to rock and roll. Anybody got any YOU HAVE TO.... Statements for this type of ski? Not very familiar with seadoo so any help is appreciated.

Maasin, Southern Leyte, Philippines/CA
    any updates on your project?more pics perhaps?

Neat project...

Please update.

Okay So I havent been on here for a while! We have got alot done! We got all the oil out of the motor. Completely took apart the engine and the carbs. replaced ever gasket on the motor and removed the oil pump and replaced it with a block off plate. The carbs were so gummed up it was ungodly. The engine is clean along with the gas tank that we pulled and cleaned. The only thing left to do it put it all back together!!!! The engine is tight. Good compression and it sounds like a boss. Will post pics tomorrow if I can!!

Also, this ski is coming so SOOO clean! It buffs out perfectly!!! I will post before and after pictures because it is unbelievable how clean it is getting. I hope to replace the seat and turf with a hydroturf seat and a hydroturf foot pad kit.

That can be a fun little ski when you're all done.

Thread Information