Thread: Mrs Behavin

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

Mrs Behavin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after pro pics 029.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	272130the wifey's newest ride,00 virage.decent shape-96 hours-needs a battery gonna go agm for it like my others.5 vane was trash,so i cleaned up and corrected the nu-jet prop it had and put in a 6 vane s/s and 6 wedge,d/s and carrier were fine.found a bunch of hose clamps loose,still has the planet stuff.replaced the right rub rail and nose piece.got all the fuel line swapped out and the carb sitting on the bench.op plate will be repainted.if i can't find a blue for a seat cover to match i'm gonna remove all the blue from it and go black with some berry (hot pink) graphics and reg #'s with the black,dk gray,white seat cover i already have.if the triple pipes find their way onto the tx the 40's that come off it will get custom made into a dual set for this ski along with some petals
    Last edited by TxVirageTx; 05-20-2012 at 10:09 AM.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    That's a 700 Virage Twin?

+1
    yep 700 twin,single carb.140 psi in each hole.

+1
    carbs done,gonna swap all the blue body pieces out for black.rebuilt the steering and reinstalled.might back it into the water and start checking things over.hoping to get 50 gps out of it.if the red pipe has a water leak at the manifold i might go blue on all the red motor stuff
    Last edited by TxVirageTx; 05-21-2012 at 12:44 PM.

+1
    jesus the stock blue seat they recovered was junk,not s/s staples and they were long so they just broke off into the base.i planned on using the stock red tx seat for the recover anyway.stripped both seats down and stashed away some extra seat stuff for down the road.anybody looking for a blue hood??what about some mirrors and a tx style mfd in a blue cowling for like an 02 freedom.

Banned User
    +1
    I would think you can get 50 out of it. My SLTH got 51.8. I added trim and an OP ride plate with a 6 vane stator to get it though. Everything else is stock

+1
    black pieces on,look pretty good with the blue graphics.bought some poster board in hot pink to do a trial for the graphics.really thinking a darker color against the white and to go with the seat colors.maybe dark green or just leave the blue.mounted the agm battery,i prefer to rethread and cut down the mounting bolts and do away with plastic spacer.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Sorry, forgot to check the setting tonight, Left work and had one thing in mind, To get the engine out of the Goldwing tonight,I'll check tomorrow.

+1
    one side of blue/black reg#'s on.gonna stay with the blue graphics for now.got my seat guy lined up for the recover.backed it into the water and swapped it and the tx around so i can buff the left side of the hull.gonna pull the intake and flat file the carb mount as it has some issues and also going to drill out the missing reed bolt holes on the intake manifold.the factory just left out 2 bolts because the intact tract wouldn't allow it?we'll see.ran it for a little while in the water,no water leaks i can see.it must have a t-stat in it cuz the motor warmed up and the waters still pretty cold.

+1
    all the reg #'s on,made a maiden voyage.its got a bad spot right around 3200 to 4300.acts like its real lean when you go wot.gonna jet the low up to an 82 from a 78.opening the low speed helped a bunch.saw 6560 max rpm.pulled the t-stat as well thing look blackened.i get the acceleration issues solved she'll be water worthy.pulled the intake an added the 2 missing bolts.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information