Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar

Talking Import A 2012 Seadoo to Australia

Hi Guys,

Looking to import a 2012 RXP-X to Australia (hopefully Queensland) in the near future but I wouldn't know the first thing about doing it.

First of all I was wondering if anyone is thinking about importing to Aus or has a freshly imported RXP-X they would like to sell? I feel like it will be alot easier if I can just chip in on another order with someone who actually knows what they are doing or has imported skis before.

Secondly I'm keen to hear any tips or advice about importing. I heard the 2012 ECU needs reflashing before it will run in Australia?

Thanks heaps
    Last edited by RXPX; 02-23-2012 at 11:18 PM.

no one i no of has a import here to know if the reflash it just a rumor or for real!

why are you going to import one?
    buy from a dealer you should be able to get them down for 20 flat with trailer. then you got warrenty and so on.
    plus there is a new import tax on dangerous good which means anything you import with a motor will be furtur taxed on.
    you run a risk of paying another addional tax fee if customs are switched on and check that the ski is made in canada and not usa so that means the free fair trade tax is also voided.
    anyway unless you no someone that has one here already imported then get it if you dont care about recalls or warrenty then go for it! but is it worth the 3k price difference? and plus 17.5k isent with a trailer or reg. and dont forget these are the first of these models you never buy something with no warrenty when they havent been out for atleast a year or two look at what happend with the rxtx260 pumps electrics ibr etc.

good luck

They are good points I suppose.

My local dealer says they have a 6 month waiting list on the 2012 rxpx though. I don't know how much they would deal but I'll have a chat to them when i drop my ski in for its next service.

Cash is a bit tight at the moment and I really want one of those new rxpx's, my 08 rxt-x is just too heavy and lumbersome for wave jumping in smaller surf.

To avoid all the issues I'd be most keen to buy one someone else just imported fresh off a boat but I'll explore some local avenues as well. Thanks for the tips 270

That I know of 4 Rxpx will be here in syd in a couple of week and I think 2 r sold

Quote Originally Posted by 270rxp View Post
    buy from a dealer you should be able to get them down for 20 flat with trailer. then you got warranty and so on.
    I've been calling around this morning and I can't find a dealer that will do a 2012 RXPX on trailer for less than the retail price of $21,500.

Does anyone know of a Seadoo dealer that might budge down to $20,000 flat? Closer to South-East QLD the better.

My local dealer is JetSki Wharehouse and they say they have sold 18 already in two and a half weeks and that they are waiting for more stock to come in and have no reason to discount them. Annoying

+1
    Can export what ever you want and work with Unishippers with really great rates. Reflash is not an issue either. Also can provide as many references as you would like as well.

Email is [email protected]

Thanks,
    Duke

+1
    hum I'm interesting can he export to martinique? french caribbean

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Can export what ever you want and work with Unishippers with really great rates. Reflash is not an issue either. Also can provide as many references as you would like as well.

Email is [email protected]

Thanks,
    Duke
    Thanks Duke, I just sent you an email. All this hunting is giving me a headache. Damn you Seadoo Australia!

By the way, I have a few friends that might also be looking for new yam and doo skis if they can save $ by not buying locally.

if you were in melbourne i know someone bring a few in but its not worth it to send it up north and stuff. just wait off man our seasion is nearly up anyway there in high demand wait a few months or so and you will get a smokin hot deal. why would they discount up there if people are willing to pay. they know how much the demand it for them so if you dont buy it the next guy will.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information