2004 msx150 not turning up

As soon as you put the lanyard on the light flashes check engine Runs fine up to 6500 rpm then stays there. Would go to dealer to get codes but not one near or within 250 miles that can pull them. Has new map sensors and compression is good 140 on both. Any ideas

What you describe, is it on the trailer or in the water? These skis are noted for revving wildly out of the water and the light could be due to the lack of cooling water flow. From the great minds on this forum and from my on ski, starting it in reverse is a good idea when the ski is out of water. It will limit rpms to 3400 give or take a few.

I am not well versed on the MSX150. Take a look here > http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/ < for info pertaining to your ski if you have not previously done so. On the Weber ECU I dont know if there is a way to read the codes easily like on other Polaris skis. Someone else will chime in I am sure. Cheers.

It's in the water and idles fine at 1500

No one close has software to pull codes could I take ecu out and ship to someone to to check codes

Anyone

+1
    The craft runs ok in the water but is limited to 6500 rpm with the light flashing all the time?
    It revs it's little heart out on the trailer(normal, put it in reverse,sometimes it will settle)

Idles fine out of water just won't turn up all the way in water only turns 6500 and engine light never stops blinking

+1
    ive only got limited experience on the electronic brains on these turbo msx's,

does your waste gate arm on the turbo move freely? if you search in tech tips and info you should find some PDF files, of most of the sensors (so you can check to see if you have a duff sensor.)

i had a limit of 6K. and i couldnt get it to rev.

if all else send you ecu for test at www.precisionsports.ca as Martin can read your ecu (along with your sympoms) and 9 times out of 10 tell you exact region of fault

(martin explained how my ecu was locked in safe mode - and that he thought it was due to the intake map sensors - he believed the ecu eventually locked in safe mode due to the sensors)

my map sensors tested perfect. but it turned out they are very sensitive. after he unlocked the ecu it ran full revs, then limited to 6k ish. after i removed map sensors (which looked clean) and cleaned it ran full revs for a short time untill same limited revs occured.

the route cause for all this was a worn turbo misting oil into the intake, so i needed a new turbo!

hope this helps in some way. i tryed to make a OBD code reader but you cant access codes in the bosch ecu that uses electronic throttle

Thread Information