99 XL1200 Service Manual

I'm new to the PWC world and have a 1999 XL1200 that has some major issues. If anyone could point me in the right direction for a repair/service manual it'd be appreciated.

I pulled the engine, removed the jugs, and the first cylinder (from the front of the boat) was locked up. Broken piston skirt, bent ring, no rod bearing.

I know it is a losing battle, but I at least wanted to figure out how to remove the rod and look at the crank. I'm used to car engines so the rods generally have bolts.

After realizing the gpr thread down two from this is the same engine I realize that my crank is junk and I can't fix it.

1. So i'm looking at either a new crank, piston, and fix the jug
    2. reman engine
    3. part the ski out

It's a 99 xl 1200 with trailer under 100 hrs in nice shape, but i'm thinking it might not be worth the repair. I have about $500 into it already and the repairs would put me pretty close to the value of the ski.

I'd still like to get a manual to learn a bit more, and if anyone has any opinions i'd appreciate it.

well i took a chance and paid $4.95 from a site and got the manual. It all worked out, so i'm guess i'm good with that. Looked a little shady, but the manual is fine.

Dublin, Ca. USA
    What site ahall13? Did they have other models too?

It didn't look real trustworthy, but since it was a paypal payment and not directly processing the payment on the site I gave it a try. As soon as the payment finished it took me back to the site for the download.

they have quite a few manuals

Thread Information