Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

250 ultra 08 questions and possible mods?

Hi guys am new to this forum looking for a bit of info please.I know it's a old ski and every ones onto 300x but any info would be nice ,all my mates have yam and am stuck when I ask for any info on mods or directions to go for upgrades,I have so far added impeller ...skat trak,free flow exhaust am going to order a waterbox and free flow air filter ...now I have been reading team moto site about the 250 and also keep coming across exhaust block offs ,saying that if I have exhaust mod it's a must... Something about t pipe melts ,now I am lost at this point as some pics I see there is tubes comming from these block of plates now mine doesn't, is this because it is a 08 version are they different? Do I need to bother with this mod even though I have exhaust mod? Any help what so ever please guys also tips would be a big help my ski has about 25 hours so is not so old in the engine components and has been well looked after .thanks for reading my terrible gramma sorry and hope to here from you guys soon

Ste
    liverpool
    uk

+1
    the '08 already has the bolck off plates fitted, you dont need them. save your money most of us found no matter how much you spend on modding your 250 the gains are very small and really not worth it. the water box will be very loud and you still wont have any real world gains.

Thanks for your reply nicjak...I knew I should got fzr :..( lol gutted I always liked the ultra 250 that's why I got it o well back to the drawing board looks like I might as well keep my money and trade my ski in very soon for a 300x,or am I gunna be in the same situation with upgrades is yam my best bet for keeping up with a mates fzr that is modded to death I say death because it keeps failing on him he now into engine component upgrades I wouldn't upgrade as mad as him but still upgrade too a safe level just so I can keep up with his monster , I have only been on the lake against it and he murdered me after one lap he was almost lapping me ..I felt like ramming me ski into a tree lol so I got a cpl mods intake grate impeller an free flow seems bit better but am stressed I even got them now I should saved me money..

+1
    guess it all depends on whether you want a ski that just goes fast in a straight line on flat water, or whether you want a ski thats fast in all conditions and can be left stock for reliability im more than happy with my 300 coming from a heavily modified 250 that i wasted 1000's on!!

Thanx

+1
    you can still do some mods that will increase reliability of the ski.nicjack is right about the power output any increase usually ends up with a fragged charger.on that note do the 2011 pump upgrade,remove the belt cover on the supercharger belt so you can clean it more effectivly,and block off the secondary blow off valve so it wont leak boost.after that ride and enjoy what you got.

What is the pump upgrade? Bigger than mine ?is it a 260 pump assembly ,would I be better just getten a 260 x ,I just called guy about 300 but he had sold it.

The pump mod is an extra bearing and a jam nut, there is a post (might even be a sticky on here) which lists the bits to buy ($100 ish at most), it does not improve proformance but may save your engine.

The 07 & 08 Ultra's have 2 bearings on the short shaft (1 front and 1 back) on the 2009 ultra 260x kwak added a third bearing (2 front 1 back) because it had been seen the front bearing failed the impellor would then drive against the prop shaft and inturn your crank which kills the bearings and bottom end. So with the extra bearing this is less likley to fail, on the 2010 260 they added a jam nut behind the rear bearing, so even if all the bearings failed the impellor would not drive forward onto the crank.
    You keep your original pump/impellor etc, just change short shaft and bearings, well worth doing for piece of mind.

I see what you mean now because when I purchased the ski I got a new impeller and when I was trying to remove it I killed the threads on the shaft ,it turned out it had seezed tight the nut after water had got into the nut and threads,I had to buy a new shaft and bearing for the rear were the impeller goes,I am now gunna ask me mate from my local lake to read these replys to make sense of it all and get my parts ordered for my ski ,also is this bov block of a easy job or will I need the help of a mechanic etc..thanks a lot for your replys really helpfull,kwakmat have you done any other mods to your ski I see on your profile pic that you have seen any benefits from? Thanks

Jet ski o clock what benefit would taking the cover of do? I see you said to keep it clean is this a must? Because all I do is check oil fill with fuel make sure there isn't any think hanging off then play on it maybe one or two laps round leisure lakes southport which isn't big at full throttle after warm up then park up for while then play again that's generally my day arsen around never a full hour or more constant I would end up demented be like walking round in circles in your living room

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information