Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2011 ultra 300lx is junk

purchased my ultra 300lx in may 2011 and by the 2nd week in august i blew the motor.seems as if im not the only one on here that blew cylinder #1.when i purchased the ski i asked the dealer if i was to blow the motor what wud be done and he said to me that kawi wants to be #1 in small motor sales and are currantly #2 and they wud send a new motor to find out why this one failed.the reason i asked that question is from what i read on here and also the size of the motor compared with horsepower being put out.when the problem was found the mechanic said there is noway they will send parts to fix this mess we need a new motor and they sent a box full of parts and 5 weeks later i got my ski back only to find out there were more problems. they next changed the propulsion system and 7 weeks later i got it back just in time to store for the winter.kawi will not buy this piece of shit back,will not give me any finacial help towards a new one or even transfer my 4 year warrenty to a new ski which i'm willing to try.i lost half a jetski season and they dont even give a shit.kawasaki sucks

+1
    guess you have your dealer to blame i have blown mine twice and received all parts within a week or two!!! as mine has no warranty all costs have been on me i guess your dealer also neglected to check and tighten your prop during servicing, your problem doesn't sound like one with kawasaki more your dealer shifting blame. lesson learnt buy from a reputable dealer the ski is not junk!!!

believe it or not he is the largest dealer in ct. with great mechanics but the problem was the parts were not available for 4 weeks because i got a call from kawi corp.i think its an awesome looking machine and quick as hell out of the hole but the top end has much to be desired.this is not my first ski and i did trade in a yamaha 08 sho cruiser that the only problem i had in 3 years of owning it was i sucked up a tow line(not mine it was floating in the water).the yamaha was definately not as quick but i have to say with the few mods i did it definatly faster top end ,the gps proved that.i told kawi from day one there was a problem with the ski and it went in twice and they couldnt find anything wrong with it and the day it blew i had 26hrs on it.i just dont trust kawi nor this ski for long rides and i was running 93 octane everytime.all i wanted was to trade it in for a new one and pay a prorated rated and kawi corp did not want to hear anything.its mechanical i know and things go wrong but what i was told,what they will do and what they did was the total opposite.there is atleast 3 other skis on here that had the same problem i had with cylinder # 1 so dont tell me something shouldnt be addressed.there customer service sucks like the money is coming out of there pocket

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    That's not good. I don't think the ski is bad, or the engine unreliable in general, but at the same time I don't think we have a lot of hours on these skis. Mine only has 50 hours and has been good so far. I assume yours has low hours too.

Try not to let it get you down, shit does happen (speaking from experiance when I've had different engines in my toys die, and some without even 5 hours on them!) It's a real pain. Once it's fixed, and reliable, you should have a great ski.

Did the dealer find the cause?

All the best mate, I really hope you get looked after and it works out for you.

Mal.

+1
    I love how this people only come on here to say all the bad shit that happens to them , but when its something good to brag about they dont waste their time writing anything ! Dont get me wrong I feel your pain but for you to come on here just to write how Kawi sucks and the corp sucks and the ski sucks its not going to get you anywhere ..Like other have said most dealers suck and most of the time they make the situation worse.. Fix the ski and sell it and get your self a Yamalog or Poo since they are the best and dont have any problems at all!

+1
    I just love how these die hard Kawi pushers shit on their own team when someone post up a failure on their crap and how dissatisfied they are with the machine and the service. Same two ass holes always jumping on the bandwagon supporting a bad design. Doesnt matter what the circumstance is its always someone else fault rather than the manufacturer. Truth is the Kawis are prone to fail, accept it or live in your own little dream worlds. If you baby those things you might stand a chance of running them for a while. Who the hell wants to be servicing these things all the time just for some rec riding. Leave the guy the hell alone, he can post what he wants!

Doesnt matter what brand you buy........Theres always that "late friday arvo special" Ski out there(or any vehicle to be honest)that was rushed to get out off the line so worker could hit beer-o-clock.....This may be one of those and if thats the case my commiserations

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    I just love how these die hard Kawi pushers shit on their own team when someone post up a failure on their crap and how dissatisfied they are with the machine and the service. Same two ass holes always jumping on the bandwagon supporting a bad design. Doesnt matter what the circumstance is its always someone else fault rather than the manufacturer. Truth is the Kawis are prone to fail, accept it or live in your own little dream worlds. If you baby those things you might stand a chance of running them for a while. Who the hell wants to be servicing these things all the time just for some rec riding. Leave the guy the hell alone, he can post what he wants!
    Hehe laughed so hard when I read this. Nothing against Kawis personally, never ridden one, just Yamalogs and Poos

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wilson View Post
    Doesnt matter what brand you buy........Theres always that "late friday arvo special" Ski out there(or any vehicle to be honest)that was rushed to get out off the line so worker could hit beer-o-clock.....This may be one of those and if thats the case my commiserations
    Good post! Now this sounds more reasonable rather than some stupid ass "clueless" remark about the guys failure to torque the pump (What bullshit). I sucked up a yard of rocks into my pump completely destroying the entire pump assemble on my PX, sure as hell didnt loose an engine from it! Truth is these guys have been over in the Doo forum for a week popping off, just though I'd have a little fun with them.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    No YOU are clueless, you little piece of shit - get the hell outta here

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159239
    rice has his panties in a wad, about his little boys ski.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information