stx 15f need help with jet pump removal (new to forum and need your help)

looking through some of the post it mentions you can remove pump and leave ride plate on (manual calls it pump cover)

Can you please let me know the procedure to do so (service manual says to remove pump cover with reverse bucket attached.

thanks

I haven't had a reverse bucket for a while but if I remember right, the boarding step brackets are in the way of the reverse bucket bolts. It may just be easier to drop the rideplate. After that its easy, four 14mms for the housing, a 10mm for the steering cable and two hose clamps. WD-40 and some gentle prying will help pop the pump out of it's bracket.

(odd trailer design)

Quote Originally Posted by BigL350 View Post
    I haven't had a reverse bucket for a while but if I remember right, the boarding step brackets are in the way of the reverse bucket bolts. It may just be easier to drop the rideplate. After that its easy, four 14mms for the housing, a 10mm for the steering cable and two hose clamps. WD-40 and some gentle prying will help pop the pump out of it's bracket.

Thanks

The trouble is i can gain access to ride plate with Jetski on trailer (odd trailer design)

FYI to new members,

I removed my pump today leaving ride plate on, ( although its looks much easier to remove ride plate)

1. Remove boarding step
    2. Remove reverse bucket

The rest of the steps are in manual or already posted

Note: 1. Pump was hard to remove so I needed to use slide hammer (knock out a bit at a time on all four corners)
    2. Reverse bucket is a bit tricky to reinstall (I had to line up bolt holes with small screw driver)

Many thanks to members who replied and helped me ( i was quoted $200 to remove and check bearing) saving my money for a 300x ultra

Thread Information