Loose handlepole on 2006 SX 800 R.

Second thread of the day for this ski, just getting ready for Spring! I have a stock ski and freestyle it almost completely. I noticed last year that the handlepole seems loose and rocks left and right a bit. Very annoying. Is there a known fix for this? Perhaps larger replacement sleeve for the bottom of the bar, reinforced retaining bolt, etc??? Thanks all.
    Last edited by rsg1963; 02-24-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: wrong part mentioned. ugh.

+1
    it is probably just your bushings at the steering plate. you should be able to just tighten the nut where the steer plate attaches to your handle pole.

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    it is probably just your bushings at the steering plate. you should be able to just tighten the nut where the steer plate attaches to your handle pole.
    Hey John, thanks for the reply. My mistake for typing handlebar, I meant handle pole. D'oh!
    Down at the base where it attaches to the ski is the issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of an upgrade kit, reinforcement kit, etc. I know it's fiberglass so I am not sure if these things exist or if I need to replace the whole unit.
    Thanks again

(Going to try and edit the OP now, sigh)

+1
    OK, yes, the handle pole CAN wear, at the base, where the pin goes through. sometimes, you can just tighten that as well, and take up any slop. be careful though, as the pole mount is cast aluminum, and can break, if you go tightening it too much.

you can order new bushings from kawasaki, if that is all that is wrong. in sever cases, we see the pole it self is worn, and really needs to be replaced.

i am guessing though, unless yours is a race boat, with a million hours on it, you can just tighten it up, and eliminate any slop...

Nice, I'll try that, thank you. Not a race boat by anymeans. Stock as the day she was born (practically), and reliable as all my Kawi's have been.

Thread Information