Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Supercharger Impellar Upgrade Question? please help

I have an 06 RXP, my current mods STG 1, with BOV and exhaust to stock location. My question is can i upgrade my supercharger impellar to get that extra 2psi if so should i get the Riva one or Rotax Racing the Riva one seems to be a bit more mild, so maybe thats the one to get, or do i have to upgrade my injectors or ECU with either one, also can i upgrade the supercharger housing aswell?! The only other thing i plan on doing to my machine this summer is SS wear ring, titanium or steel washers, thru haul exhaust with RR Waterbox, sponsons and Pump nozzle and skegs! Should this all work fine, so far my fastest this year was 75.2mph on slight ripple, little wind with 67 degree water temp with 65 degree air temp.

+1
    There are quite a few options when it comes to superchargers. I will list below the different superchargers on the market and which injectors will be necessary to run them. The list will go from the weakest supercharger to the strongest.

Stock SC - stock injectors

Riva/Vortech SC - stock injectors

Rotax Racing High Boost - stock injectors with stock intercooler. 42# injectors with external intercooler

Riva Stage 3 SC - With Riva ECU you will need the 50# injectors. With stock ECU or Rotax Racing ECU you will need 42# injectors
    Source of above info: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

By the way, you have the fastest stage 1 ski i have ever heard of. There are stage 2 skis that don't go that fast.

+1
    Jerry,
    What are the gains in fitting the Rotax Racing High Boost wheel - stock injectors with stock intercooler I could the fit the Riva intercooler and 42 injectors later in the year .

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Source of above info: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

By the way, you have the fastest stage 1 ski i have ever heard of. There are stage 2 skis that don't go that fast.
    I know i get that a lot but i go this speed on 2 different GPS's my average speed is 73 - 73.5mph i can basically toy with my buddies stock RXP, i dunno maybe i just got a god machine. Ok so i can run a SC Impellar upgrade without changing the ECU or Injector As well as the housing. The only thing is the Rotax Racing one says it has not yet been proven to work with stock ECU, does apply to the Rive one aswell?

+1
    The rr wheel will work fine with stock ecu and injectors,,proven. If you run a different intercooler then the injectors need to go fat with 42`s. But my test was also with a riva intake and modded wb and thru hull along with bored tb.

Banned User
    +1
    What about the RR wheel and external cooler? I think you would still need to upgrade the injectors?

Banned User
    +1
    dur, read more of post before asking....*slap*

+1
    Danny
    ya you have to upgrade the injectors i talked to jerry a couple of weeks about this..im going with a stage 2 and wanted to stay with the stock ecu and injectors ..If you go with the rotax wheel and a riva or rotax intercooler you have to go with the #42 injectors..Jerry told me if i were to go with the rotax wheel i was beter off just getting the S3 supercharger

Scott

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Jerry,
    What are the gains in fitting the Rotax Racing High Boost wheel - stock injectors with stock intercooler I could the fit the Riva intercooler and 42 injectors later in the year .
    Huge improvement in acceleration and probably 150+ RPM gain on top.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    Ok so i can run a SC Impellar upgrade without changing the ECU or Injector As well as the housing.
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn
    The only thing is the Rotax Racing one says it has not yet been proven to work with stock ECU, does apply to the Rive one aswell?
    Thanks for calling that to my attention. It no longer says that in the online store. That was written when these first came out and since then it has been proven many times over to work extremely well with stock injectors, stock ECU and stock intercooler.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information