Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2 litre (4cyl) 4-Tec??

So, is the 4 cylinder a mythical beast or has BRP magically gagged everybody regarding it? I hav'nt even heard any whispers on here for months. I just cant help but wonder every time I have a look inside a new RXTX or similar about that huge gap in between the 3 potter and fuel tank. So who's got some goss (aussie slang for gossip)?

Cheers

Chris.

+1
    Chris I think the big problem is BRP has a strong motor that makes most watercraft enthusist happy. They really dont have anymore bugs in it and it can handles tons of power. So from there stand point why now. Wait just a bit longer. Just my view.

+1
    Rotax motor is by far the best powersports motor out there. Can handle tons of power ( like austin said) and really has NO down fall to it, its very simple to work on and has excellent parts in it from the factory.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Chris I think the big problem is BRP has a strong motor that makes most watercraft enthusist happy. They really dont have anymore bugs in it and it can handles tons of power. So from there stand point why now. Wait just a bit longer. Just my view.
    100% agree, the 4tec can handle 300hp with factory reliability no problem, take the RXT that won the drags, that was making monster power, ok it was tuned to the nuts with every possible addition but the point is the 3 cylinder can do everything anyone wants.

With the new hull design in the RXP they dont need any more power to be up with the competition.

As above why would BRP add complication, reliability issues and most importantly to them warrenty claims when what they have works.

IMO yes they probably have or are developing something and watching what Yam and Kawa do.

Another big sticking point is the factory top speed, the US market is probably the biggest and there are some "agreements" with the coastguard that say that the manufacturers will NOT produce craft that can go over 70 out of the box. Im not sure how long that is going to stick for but is is and has been the case for some time.

Why do you think the first gen rxpx had a snow plough of a intake grate??? Ok it provided great hookup and cornering grip but then so do the aftermarket options that are quite alot faster,ya think seadoo didnt know that??? I dont....

IMO they will start pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with, then you may see a bigger 300hp + 4 cylinder.

I have looked at the same gap in the s3 hulled craft, and thought the same but in reality the hull size and design has not much to do with the size of the engine if space was ever an issue in there they would have just made the tank taller but shorter to get some room, engine placement is very important for best overall handeling. That hull is big to compete with the ultra in coastall conditions, so IMO the "gap" in the S3 is not there because they were going to fit a 4 cyl.

R88

+1
    +1 long live the 4-tec!!

That space is needed on the S3 suspension models for the shock components ect

+1
    If you have insurance on your ski and it goes over 75 from the factory then your insurance goes sky high. I pay $32 a month for insurance on my RXT.

+1
    I can only imagine what it would cost to work on a 4 slug two cam motor.
    I am perfectly happy with what we got.

Our 4 tech is built tough.
    Your going to see some 11:1 comp with some rediculous amount of boost this year in some drag skis.
    We will see how that hold up.

Hey guys, dont get me wrong as I have no issue with the current 3cyl 4tec, extremely happy with the one that resides in my RXT. Just remembering all the semi hype 12 months ago regarding the possibility of a new 4cyl and wondering why it all went cold.

+1
    With the world economy in the chitter, I bet the 4-tec 3 jug is going to be around for a while. Kinda hard to justify updating all the supply chain/factory production lines to bring just a touch more performance.

I can't believe the 4-tec has been around for going on 8 years now... Hard to build something that ground breaking that is still setting records.

+1
    Weight for power I just can't see how SD could justify it. Yes it would be cool to have 4cyl Rotax and it would kill everything on the planet but at the moment they are holding their own with the current platform. Now with the S3 hull things are going to be even harder for yamaha.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information