Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just picked up a polaris sltx 1050

i just picked up a polaris sltx 1050 jet ski from some guy on craigslist, he said its has the ignition update kit
    new fuel lines, rebuilt carbs and rebuilt motor! now my question is are these ski any good and besides everything thats been done what else should i replace before this coming up season! i did a compresson test and all 3 cylinders have 120psi did a leak down test and that come out good! i dont have any pictures rite now but ill take them later and out them up!

Banned User
    +1
    The only thing I could think of is to check the carbs for yourself to make sure they are clean. Otherwise I would think you are good to go. Look over the jet pump and make sure the bearings are good and everything is in good operating condition.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris1050 View Post
    i just picked up a polaris sltx 1050 jet ski from some guy on craigslist, he said its has the ignition update kit
    new fuel lines, rebuilt carbs and rebuilt motor! now my question is are these ski any good and besides everything thats been done what else should i replace before this coming up season! i did a compresson test and all 3 cylinders have 120psi did a leak down test and that come out good! i dont have any pictures rite now but ill take them later and out them up!
    Welcome to the hulk! Where are you located?

thank you i will check the carbs and jet pump and i will let you guys know if i find anything!
    and im in algonquin illlinios.

Banned User
    +1
    thank you i will check the carbs and jet pump and i will let you guys know if i find anything!

You planning on hitting Lake Michigan?

+1
    Check the intake grate bolts and rideplate and sponsons for being loose.any of those could cause an accident if not tight. check the blades on the impellor for dings and the pump vanes for damage. also check any cotter pins and nuts and bolts back there to make sure all is tight and moving freely. Welcome to the hulk. sounds like you have a winner of a ski there with all the updates on it. Take pics of what ya got. we love pictures.. does the gauge work? (MFD)= Multi-function gauge. See if your intake screen is in place inside the exit nozzle. Also your speedo hose should be connected. its under the thru hull bearing connected to a white pitot tube. watch for any water in the ski when you first launch. your seals in the thru hull bearing may leak..just depends if they are good or not. otherwise, splash her and ride! Good Battery? an AGM battery is what ya want to get for it. no gas fumes!

Grease the coupler and thru hull carrier. theres a fitting on both to grease them. Don't overfill them.esspecially on the thru hull. just fill it, not explode grease out the ends. that could damage the seals. if it has a needle bearing fitting, it can be changed to a zerk fitting.

+1
    You didn't by chance pick it up in Hoffmen Estates did you?

no i didnt i got it up in wis. but i know who you are talking about. hes the one that told me to sign up from this forum and got me into
    jet ski he told me all about what happened and its unbeleivable that you guys are still talking about him hes a good guy
    just had alot of bad thing happen to him when he had lugs tool. you guys dont even know the full story and your bad mouthing
    him all over this forum! his grandfather died, he got sued, his girlfriend broke up with him! and almost got killed in a car accedent
    so give the guy a break. its sad hes all upset that he cant go to any of the green hulks get togeathers cause he sees all the forums!
    this is a good forum and seems to have good people on it so please give the guy a break! and dont take any offense to what ive said
    cause i wanna go to some meets! but hes a friend i was around when everything happened he wasnt doing so good

and thanks for all the help so far!

Banned User
    +1
    We are an understanding bunch here. I am sure he is welcome to come and participate and nobody will hold a grudge. On some of the other forums that is not the case. We all understand shit happens. So tell him to come back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information