Spring Size for Carbs

Rebuilt carbs with BN6I kit for GPR1200. Removed the gold springs and replaced with the silver ones that came in the kit. Not sure they are the right size and can't seem to find the size anywhere I look. Are they 90g or 115g? I think maybe 115 g but want to make sure before it is put back together...Thanks for your help

+1
    The springs that come in the MK BN44I-Yam kits, which are the correct kits for the GPR carbs are platinum 115gr springs. they replaced the gold 115gr springs which Mikuni no longer makes.

+1
    If you bought the Mikuni BN46I kits those are not correct for the Yamaha GPR carbs, they are for the SeaDoo carbs. Compare the the size of the two large fuel pump o-rings (the round one from the outside cover, and the funny shaped one that goes against the body) they are too skinny for the GPR fuel pump and will leak. And the spring that comes in that kit is the Dull silver 95gr spring also incorrect

Well the way my luck is going with this carb rebuild, I will never do it again. Went to Barneys was sold the wrong rebuild kit the first time, took it back exchanged it and then, only to realize now, I was sold the wrong one again. When I got home, all the parts seemed to fit so I thought that it was the one! Very frustrating. Any suggestions as to what I do now. Obviuosly can't return the kits I bought since they are all installed. PWC superstore sent me a magazine when I ordered my gaskets and it actually lists out the model and year needed for the rebuild kits. Sure wish I would have had it when I bought them to begin with. Is there any resolution to my problem without throwing away another $150?

+1
    i would contact the place you got the kits from. IMO it is NOT your fault you got the wrong ones.....

make sure, you are getting / using ONLY genuine MIKUNI brand kits.

Thread Information