xlt 1200 running issues

just purchased xlt 1200,which has only done 28 hrs since rebuild,the mechanics have disconnected the oil injection system,now running on 50:1 premix with premiun unleaded,starts fine,but when going back to idle and accelerating again it tends to bog down until you clear it out,which is not what i want in big surf,checked acuator on power valve and seems to be working,any clues were to star looking,carbs??, defanitly does not run clean of the bottom when accelerating

..stock or modified FA/air box? Did the mechanic mess with the accelerator pump too? Is this bog on the trailer or in water? Any other mods v. stock..please list... .

Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post
    ..stock or modified FA/air box? Did the mechanic mess with the accelerator pump too? Is this bog on the trailer or in water? Any other mods v. stock..please list... .
    Cheers thanks for the reply,jet skis are new to me ,but have had dirt bikes most my life and have a fair mechanical background,re air box and fuel pump ,dont no what they did but i will find out and get back to you, yes it bogs down in the water of the start,have cleaned the fuel tank and fresh fuel,just put new plugs in with the correct gap,(old plugs were blackish and oily) and will give it a run today,cheers .

Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    Cheers thanks for the reply,jet skis are new to me ,but have had dirt bikes most my life and have a fair mechanical background,re air box and fuel pump ,dont no what they did but i will find out and get back to you, yes it bogs down in the water of the start,have cleaned the fuel tank and fresh fuel,just put new plugs in with the correct gap,(old plugs were blackish and oily) and will give it a run today,cheers .
    Also, if it bogs simply off the start, and you have no mods or a stock ski, then more than likely you're experiencing the typical issue with the gp/xlt platform, in that the waterbox loads-up w/water @ idle preventing the exhaust gases from moving freely and scavenging correctly. Are you cavitating too? (Stock prop/wear ring clearance/intakegrate/seal pump shoe-check those things and report back.) If yes to some of these, welcome to the database world of bolt-on mods that will help you...

itook it for a run and put new plugs and set the gap at 1.1mm as the gap was 0.8mm ,yes ithink you are onto it,outside the fact that its only of idle that it gags a bit,then performance is good,no it seems to hook up and not let go in hard turns,ill report back with the prop,ring clearance,how do you stop water build up in water box,increase idle,as i need to check that to,cheers

Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    itook it for a run and put new plugs and set the gap at 1.1mm as the gap was 0.8mm ,yes ithink you are onto it,outside the fact that its only of idle that it gags a bit,then performance is good,no it seems to hook up and not let go in hard turns,ill report back with the prop,ring clearance,how do you stop water build up in water box,increase idle,as i need to check that to,cheers

Water build-up:

1. T your coolant lines overboard w/pissers
    2. Jetworks mod
    3. Riva Stinger or Pro-tec Turbo Tube.

Copy and paste those terms and do a search.

Idle adjustment:

1. The black knob is located to the right of the 1st cylinder, down under/beside the pipe.

Thread Information