Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    ABUDHABI boost your life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    uae
    Posts
    95
    +1
    1

    Exclamation walbro fule pump for FX SHO

    walbro fule pump does it fit directly into the 09 fule pump instad of the stock pump??? the one i have got now is 255 is it high Pressure ??

    any alternitive high pressure fule pump i can by ? like R&D

    your Knowledge is required please thanks.


  2. #2
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,142
    +1
    255
    i have a walbro 255 no problems so far

  3. #3
    ABUDHABI boost your life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    uae
    Posts
    95
    +1
    1
    thanks 1_fast _SHO

  4. #4
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,142
    +1
    255
    no problem, you just have to find out the exact model everyone uses on the sho, i dont remember the part#

  5. #5
    waseemyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.A.E Dubai
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by boost your life View Post
    walbro fule pump does it fit directly into the 09 fule pump instad of the stock pump??? the one i have got now is 255 is it high Pressure ??

    any alternitive high pressure fule pump i can by ? like R&D

    your Knowledge is required please thanks.
    hey, have you got it yet?

  6. #6
    ABUDHABI boost your life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    uae
    Posts
    95
    +1
    1
    i will go with R&D 255 still wating the shippment i will update u soon

  7. #7
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,132
    +1
    821
    Rather than creating a new thread, I figured to TTT.
    Still amazes me that there is little to no info on the fueling on the Yamahas. I don't know if people just don't know or are just not sharing the information. Seems odd to me because when I had a SeaDoo, all the info could be found in seconds and there were several write-ups on anything you needed.

    Anyway, I feel I may need a new fuel pump and or rrfpr because at 8000 RPM my AFR goes to 10.9 with 10lbs of boost and stumbles with fuel pressure being about 60 at that time, as I go WOT it climbs to about 65-70 (tough to read) and then drops back down to 60 causing me to run lean at WOT. I tried various settings and never wanted to run above 60 psi. This was the first time out that I watched the fuel pressure. I have been battling with WOT fueling for a while and ski has always run 12.5.

    Has anyone used this pump? Walbro GSS342
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vp...FQeDnQodXwMACQ
    If so, any pics and info for everyone would be great! Did it mount right up?
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 12-29-2012 at 10:28 PM.

  8. #8
    Gus the walbro 255 is no different than stock 215. Had the exact same pressure drop at WOT as stock pump did. It is a waste of money IMO. Get the aeromotive 340.

  9. #9
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,132
    +1
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Gus the walbro 255 is no different than stock 215. Had the exact same pressure drop at WOT as stock pump did. It is a waste of money IMO. Get the aeromotive 340.
    Gotcha! Thanks Ross! Now I know why no matter what I did in the past I couldnt get WOT AFR right. It was always at best 12.5 and leaner. I thought it was because I was on the limiter. I know that is not the case now because limiter is at 9200 and I am running at 8600.

  10. #10
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Gus the walbro 255 is no different than stock 215. Had the exact same pressure drop at WOT as stock pump did. It is a waste of money IMO. Get the aeromotive 340.
    Gotcha! Thanks Ross! Now I know why no matter what I did in the past I couldnt get WOT AFR right. It was always at best 12.5 and leaner. I thought it was because I was on the limiter. I know that is not the case now because limiter is at 9200 and I am running at 8600.
    There is no way you are running out of fuel with a E1 wheel. Bigger pump is not required with a E1 wheel that is a baby wheel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2015, 07:22 AM
  2. SOLD R&D pump seal kit for FX SHO W/R&D Grate
    By Gus13letter in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM
  3. Important info for FX-SHO,FZR.FZS owners!
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 07:38 AM
  4. remote control for FX sho
    By ekek888 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
  5. De-Winterize for FX/SHO Cruiser
    By Toobold in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 01:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •