Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fogging kit

fogging kit

has any one made a fogging kit for yamaha waverunners fzr vxr is it worth it ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamking800 View Post
    has any one made a fogging kit for yamaha waverunners fzr vxr is it worth it ???
    Simple to fog without a kit I would have thought.

dealer buddy just told me that I should fog after every ride if im in the salt on my new fzs, thats what yamaha is now sayin...what A FRIKIN HEADACHE

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dbone View Post
    dealer buddy just told me that I should fog after every ride if im in the salt on my new fzs, thats what yamaha is now sayin...what A FRIKIN HEADACHE
    ? I find this hard to believe. I've ridden my FZR for 100 hours, about 70% half in salt and I dont fog except when winterizing. No issues at all. I think fogging on occasion is a good idea if you let your ski sit for more than a week or two at a time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dbone View Post
    It's super easy to do. Just pull the vac hose that connects to the air box off the oil breather box & spray your fogging oil into the hose while the engine is running. You might have to give it a little gas to keep it from stalling.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    ? I find this hard to believe. I've ridden my FZR for 100 hours, about 70% half in salt and I dont fog except when winterizing. No issues at all. I think fogging on occasion is a good idea if you let your ski sit for more than a week or two at a time.
    Pull your SC apart & you might be surprised what you find. I got a little lazy with doing it & had corrosion start pretty fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    It's super easy to do. Just pull the vac hose that connects to the air box off the oil breather box & spray your fogging oil into the hose while the engine is running. You might have to give it a little gas to keep it from stalling.

Pull your SC apart & you might be surprised what you find. I got a little lazy with doing it & had corrosion start pretty fast.

I remember your thread from a while back of the SC and the backing plate. I think keeping the crank breather hooked into the powerfilter helps keep corrosion down on the SC. There is always a 'healthy' coating of oil on my SC.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I remember your thread from a while back of the SC and the backing plate. I think keeping the crank breather hooked into the powerfilter helps keep corrosion down on the SC. There is always a 'healthy' coating of oil on my SC.
    It might help. I was still using the breather hose when I discovered the corrosion though. I only switched to the Riva blockoff when I installed the new cooler. I noticed having the hose connected can leave an oil film in the IC & I didn't want it to hurt cooling on the new setup. It's no biggie for me giving it a quick sqirt into the intake every few rides. I just use a real lightweight silicone so it stops the corrosion without leaving a heavy film.

Quote Originally Posted by yamking800 View Post
    On the VXR there is nothing to fog . . . so on that model fogging is a moot point (no supercharger). JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    On the VXR there is nothing to fog . . . so on that model fogging is a moot point (no supercharger). JB
    It's not a bad idea doing it on the VXR too to keep the throttle body corrosion free. I don't have a VXR service manual but I bet you a coke it's on the maintenance schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    It's not a bad idea doing it on the VXR too to keep the throttle body corrosion free. I don't have a VXR service manual but I bet you a coke it's on the maintenance schedule.
    I had not thought of it that way, but I like the idea. I always have a ton of that Yamaha Silicone Spray around; I think that stuff would be perfect for this. Do you prefer Diet, Regular, or that new Zero coke? JB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information