Thread: stxr heat

stxr heat

ive got an stxr with factory triple pipes, novi 48's running 2.3 needle seat 115gm spring. ive got advent ignition. im running the group k 1350cc big bore kit. engine is ported and polished and have removed the balancer wheels. in new zealand we are only allowed to run av gas or pump gas. no c16 or any other race gas is allowed. i have the ski running very fast but it hits 1150degrees on the egt. if i richen it up ever so slightly on the screws it will barely move forward and won't go over 4000rpm. but lean it slightly and it is a rocket ship. but to hot? does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue without changing the fuel?
    i will try anything to try and fix this issue!
    any help much appreciated!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stxr-screamer View Post
    ive got an stxr with factory triple pipes, novi 48's running 2.3 needle seat 150gm spring. ive got advent ignition. im running the group k 1350cc big bore kit. engine is ported and polished and have removed the balancer wheels. in new zealand we are only allowed to run av gas or pump gas. no c16 or any other race gas is allowed. i have the ski running very fast but it hits 1150degrees on the egt. if i richen it up ever so slightly on the screws it will barely move forward and won't go over 4000rpm. but lean it slightly and it is a rocket ship. but to hot? does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue without changing the fuel?

You removed the balancers? holly crap, wonder it does not shake itself to bits!

As for the hot, are you running dual cooling?

nah it doesn't seem to shake that much. nah not running dual cooling. as its the exhaust gas temp i wouldn't of thought the water cooling would have any effect as its the combustion temp that needs to be changed not the temp of the engine?? correct me if im wrong?
    cheers

+1
    how close are the probes to exh port

they are into the bottom of the factory pipe exhaust manifolds that bolt onto the cylinders. so bout 40 - 60mm from piston? that sound right?

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stxr-screamer View Post
    ive got an stxr with factory triple pipes, novi 48's running 2.3 needle seat 115gm spring. ive got advent ignition. im running the group k 1350cc big bore kit. engine is ported and polished and have removed the balancer wheels. in new zealand we are only allowed to run av gas or pump gas. no c16 or any other race gas is allowed. i have the ski running very fast but it hits 1150degrees on the egt. if i richen it up ever so slightly on the screws it will barely move forward and won't go over 4000rpm. but lean it slightly and it is a rocket ship. but to hot? does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue without changing the fuel?
    What cc heads are you using? What kind of compression numbers are you getting? And what timing curve are you running in the advent?
    Factory triple pipes require race gas for anything more than stock compression, then add in the Big bore kit andit makes these kawi motors even more prone to detonation.

Thread Information