Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Gas Prices and PWC Sales

Hey guys,

Do you think increased gas prices would have much effect on PWC sales this summer?
    There are so many supercharged skis that sip gas like crazy but would this have an effect on general public decision making on buying these luxury items?

Those addicted to racing are not considered

I see sales men not giving truthful information about gas mileage on these beasts just to make a sale!? I hope not!

fx

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReza View Post
    Hey guys,

Do you think increased gas prices would have much effect on PWC sales this summer?
    There are so many supercharged skis that sip gas like crazy but would this have an effect on general public decision making on buying these luxury items?

Those addicted to racing are not considered

I see sales men not giving truthful information about gas mileage on these beasts just to make a sale!? I hope not!
    I beleive there will be, this and reliability is why I chose NOT to go with a supercharged model..

+1
    In the world of powerboats comparing to Sea Ray or any inboard outboard vessel over 12ft, traveling same amount of miles....a ski especially a NA engine would still workout less expensive on fuel....boating is an expensive hobby.....

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    In the world of powerboats comparing to Sea Ray or any inboard outboard vessel over 12ft, traveling same amount of miles....a ski especially a NA engine would still workout less expensive on fuel....boating is an expensive hobby.....

+1
    Hey guys,

Yes I have noticed less and less people out on the water in our area;
    high fuel costs definitely impact the boating and PWC industry, along with everything else.
    It's all part of the plan...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    high fuel costs definitely impact the boating and PWC industry, along with everything else.
    Sad but true!

+1
    Two friends of mine were going to purchase new ski's this year, but are holding off to see how gas pans out. Going from 50 to 100 bucks a weekend, plus the fact that your making less due to transportation costs, really adds up

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    Two friends of mine were going to purchase new ski's this year, but are holding off to see how gas pans out. Going from 50 to 100 bucks a http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/newr...1890028weekend, plus the fact that your making less due to transportation costs, really adds up
    Both are exactly right. I am taking my ski out this weekend and dreading to see what the price will be when I fill up. It is going to get worse and they don't care what the people think.

I was going to possibly buy a small boat after this season and have the jet ski but the gas killed that plan

+1
    hence why my lifted diesel is parked and i drive a 1000 dollar piece of crap saturn around. lol

+1
    As many of you know for the last year and half, I have gone out through out the year almost every weekend but I have slowed down the last month! I was spending $400 a month for the month that I would go 4 times, nearly $100/trip with launch ramp fees and a small breakfast ($6)! When the weekend comes and I get the itch to go, I look for something else to do and I look hard to convince myself not to go! I can do once a month or even twice without much problems so I am cutting back! Sucks for sure! Every trip costs me 18 gallons of gas!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information