Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aliso Viejo
    Posts
    951
    +1
    75

    Gas Prices and PWC Sales

    Hey guys,

    Do you think increased gas prices would have much effect on PWC sales this summer?
    There are so many supercharged skis that sip gas like crazy but would this have an effect on general public decision making on buying these luxury items?

    Those addicted to racing are not considered

    I see sales men not giving truthful information about gas mileage on these beasts just to make a sale!? I hope not!


  2. #2

    fx

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReza View Post
    Hey guys,

    Do you think increased gas prices would have much effect on PWC sales this summer?
    There are so many supercharged skis that sip gas like crazy but would this have an effect on general public decision making on buying these luxury items?

    Those addicted to racing are not considered

    I see sales men not giving truthful information about gas mileage on these beasts just to make a sale!? I hope not!
    I beleive there will be, this and reliability is why I chose NOT to go with a supercharged model..

  3. #3
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    617
    In the world of powerboats comparing to Sea Ray or any inboard outboard vessel over 12ft, traveling same amount of miles....a ski especially a NA engine would still workout less expensive on fuel....boating is an expensive hobby.....

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    In the world of powerboats comparing to Sea Ray or any inboard outboard vessel over 12ft, traveling same amount of miles....a ski especially a NA engine would still workout less expensive on fuel....boating is an expensive hobby.....

  5. #5
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,538
    +1
    4,760
    Hey guys,

    Do you think increased gas prices would have much effect on PWC sales this summer?
    There are so many supercharged skis that sip gas like crazy but would this have an effect on general public decision making on buying these luxury items?
    Yes I have noticed less and less people out on the water in our area;
    high fuel costs definitely impact the boating and PWC industry, along with everything else.
    It's all part of the plan...

  6. #6
    SAL08HO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    L TOWN FL
    Posts
    941
    +1
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Yes I have noticed less and less people out on the water in our area;
    high fuel costs definitely impact the boating and PWC industry, along with everything else.
    It's all part of the plan...
    Sad but true!

  7. #7
    Lightning Struck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Davenoprt Iowa
    Posts
    714
    +1
    10
    Two friends of mine were going to purchase new ski's this year, but are holding off to see how gas pans out. Going from 50 to 100 bucks a weekend, plus the fact that your making less due to transportation costs, really adds up

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Yes I have noticed less and less people out on the water in our area;
    high fuel costs definitely impact the boating and PWC industry, along with everything else.
    It's all part of the plan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    Two friends of mine were going to purchase new ski's this year, but are holding off to see how gas pans out. Going from 50 to 100 bucks a http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/newr...1890028weekend, plus the fact that your making less due to transportation costs, really adds up
    Both are exactly right. I am taking my ski out this weekend and dreading to see what the price will be when I fill up. It is going to get worse and they don't care what the people think.

    I was going to possibly buy a small boat after this season and have the jet ski but the gas killed that plan

  9. #9
    midnightcaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    lake tapps wa
    Posts
    72
    +1
    1
    hence why my lifted diesel is parked and i drive a 1000 dollar piece of crap saturn around. lol

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aliso Viejo
    Posts
    951
    +1
    75
    As many of you know for the last year and half, I have gone out through out the year almost every weekend but I have slowed down the last month! I was spending $400 a month for the month that I would go 4 times, nearly $100/trip with launch ramp fees and a small breakfast ($6)! When the weekend comes and I get the itch to go, I look for something else to do and I look hard to convince myself not to go! I can do once a month or even twice without much problems so I am cutting back! Sucks for sure! Every trip costs me 18 gallons of gas!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Gas cap and neck
    By rxpblast in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 07:33 PM
  2. Gas Pricing Now and for Summer 2011
    By bowsniper in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
  3. FS priced for quick sale
    By ISLANDRACING in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 12:20 PM
  4. are gas prices effecting your pwc hobby?
    By stingray152003 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 07:35 PM
  5. Gas prices and illegal imigration
    By ski pimp in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •