Drag Racing in Catano PR

Well I got to catano really late since I was in a Toyota Supra event, but managed to snap some pictures while there in the drag races.
    Also I was able to witness the Unlimited class run. I know one of them was Julio Sea doo and although he won the race I believe he was desqualified for changing the Nitro Bottle before the race.(Don't quote me on this one since I heard the news from a distance and was not able to make sense out of it) maybe another member may have the complete Story(something about a rule of not changing or warming the bottle).

Never the less: The race was pretty close and they where really, really fast machines.

Anyways here is a few pictures:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/album.php?albumid=1555

Enjoy!

Note: here is the Link to The Supra Event if someone wants to see those too
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/azsuptt...57629102588522

+1
    If yours was the white supra looks very nice.

Also got late to the event. Very well organized. The races were thrilling. Very powerfull skis there. Many over 80mph..

AndinoWatercraft ,
    Yes SIR thats my other toy. Was good to see that final race, will sure be more active arround the Hydro scenes more often going forward. Heard there is an event comming up in a few months. Can't wait, will try to participate in the "stock" class for the fun of it with my RXP.

Where are you from? Wich area you usually ride on? I usually stop by IslaCabras and now in the Areacibo improve dock and jetskies Area. (Prefer Parguera and Cabo rojo but to far for every weekend, will leave that for the summer)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AndinoWatercraft View Post
    If yours was the white supra looks very nice.

Also got late to the event. Very well organized. The races were thrilling. Very powerfull skis there. Many over 80mph..
    Are riders following the rules or their still running in classes where they dont belong? I hear someone got disqualified for cheating or breaking the rules?

+1
    azsput: Im from San Lorenzo. Been a seadoo junkie for sometime now. Unfortunately my RX has been sitting on the garage waiting for some $$ to finish. In the meanwile I keep up assisting the events and reading on the forums. When ride I like to hang in fajardo (las croabas) from there go to Icacos ,Palomino and Palominito also seven seas , Very cristal water . A little chopy but good for jumping waves. Another cool place is in Salinas. (politas) Over there they have some underground races also.

Tiburon : On this event they manage to use some of the rules similar to the ones on the Hydro. It went better than expected in my opinion but they still have to make some adjustments . It's hard to make everybody happy. The last race of the day turned a little interesting cause It was a RXTX 2010 vs a GTX 2004 SC with NOS on it. There was some misunderstanding with the rules but Im sure next time will be better.

Andino,

I havnt try fajardo or salinas, next time you plan to go extend the invittion since is allways good to stop by with someine familiar with the area. I know icacos , palomino and palominito from diving trips but never done the trip myself in a jetski. Keep me posted will be
    Fun

Thread Information