Oil problem question

So i have searched but am still unsure what my problem is, my oil is turning very milky white. I took out the oil tank looked around, put it back in, and put 2.5 quarts of fresh oil in, and it turned milky white again, and now oil is coming out of the little hole by the oil tank. I read that if you have too much oil that can happen or compression is getting into the oil.. I did a compression test, 130 on both, also pressurized the coolant system and it held 10 psi of pressure with no loss at all. So could all this be cause by a bad oil tank, or is it something else? Thanks for any replies

+1
    Hi soulraver,

If nothing different has happened (excess water in the hull?) remove the oil tank again and pressure test it. There are two chambers to this, one is oil and the other is cooling water ( raw water). If this is leaking you can replace the two o rings or update the tank to a new design. If you do a search there is info on how to separate these.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    Hi soulraver,

If nothing different has happened (excess water in the hull?) remove the oil tank again and pressure test it. There are two chambers to this, one is oil and the other is cooling water ( raw water). If this is leaking you can replace the two o rings or update the tank to a new design. If you do a search there is info on how to separate these.
    as Kosh said this is most likely the cause.

i also had a problem where the water pump seal failed, and water enterd the transfer gears (oil)

do a search on "kosh" or "oil pump repair" as kosh shows you how to repair you tank seals.

This may be my issue. I rolled my MSX before and got oil in the inter cooler. I removed the inter cooler and cleaned it. Just up it back in today and during my test run it started running like crap. Took the seat off and there was milky oil all over the engine compartment that had been shooting out the same hole. Eyes I will have to check m oil tank.

Thread Information