Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Barney's of Brandon - WORST SERVICE DEPT EVER!

Guy at the counter talks to you like your a child. not a big fan. Bought a brand new 255hp X-Charger for the boat and they sold me the wrong one!
    Last edited by TheElite0ne; 08-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    That place has the worst customer service.... PERIOD!!! You gotta hunt someone down in there just to sell you something!

The last time I was in there.... I waited at the parts counter for 20 minutes before anyone even acknowledged that I was there. I then told the dude behind the counter that I needed a 4-tec oil filter.... he said "a 4-tec what".... then took another 5 minutes to look up the part number, I eventually had to point it out for him. Then..... they didn't even have one in stock

Time before that... I stopped in there to pick up some XPS spray. Walked up to the cashier chick to find her sitting there texting on her phone, and not paying attention to anything but that. I had to pretty much drop that can of XPS on the counter to get her attention..... and after that she acted all pissy..... as if I was disturbing her

I've only ever run in there when I need something stupid. But, I don't care what it is.... or how bad I need it.... since those two ordeals, I get the shit elsewhere!

Sorry to hear about your luck Jeff! Wish I could recommend a better place for you to go..... but when under warranty, your stuck with dealer service. I don't know of a dealer locally that I can vouch for.... but I definitely wouldn't take it to them!

Tampa SeaDoo Crew TampaSpeedster's Avatar
    To echo your experience TheElite0ne, I have also had my boat in at Barneys for over 45 days for a similar issue. When I got it back, not only were 1/2 the items not complete, the cover to the boat was missing, and it looked like the entire fucking confederate army marched through it with muddy boots. I dropped the boat off SPOTLESS with the cover on. They left it uncovered the whole time.

I don't need the old parts or the metal shavings --- but thanks for the offer!

Diet Coke. I don't drink diet coke. I don't drink diet coke that someone else has consumed.

They removed the gauge panel to access the horn switch, thanks for blasting the screw through the ABS and pinching my hardwired GPS cord on the edge.

Combat boots for mechanics?

I have never had a worse experience for a service department in my entire life. Everyone there is a complete joke/toolbag. Not once have I ever received a status update without calling them first --- I could go on for days.

wow....I would raise living shit, definitely file a complaint with BRP!! I had my boat at Cycle Springs in Clearwater and found their service was knowledgeable and fair in pricing. When my boat went into limp mode I took it to some backyard mechanic shop claiming to be a Seadoo factory tech who ended up hydro-locking my motor and claiming that my battery was dead!! It was Cycle Springs that reversed the damage made by the other shop and actually finding the root problem that caused the limp mode.

Hope in the end it all works out for you!!

+1
    i will add my own experience later...But I think the blatant incompetance of Barney's service department gets lost in the long time line of events here.

Bottom line, the "mechanics" determined the boat had no oil in its engine, but were too dumb and lazy to even attempt to diagnose why.

What kind of idiot would just assume the engine burnt all the oil away and not even shine a flash light into the bilge to see THREE OR FOUR FREAKING QUARTS OF OIL DOWN THERE?!?!?

What kind of idiot installs the wrong part for something as large as THE FREAKING SUPERCHARGER?!?!?

What kind of idiot doesn't even bother to try starting the boat and test it before the customer comes to pick it up?!?!? And why in the hell did they not offer to immediately replace the batteries that THEY destroyed. Charge them all you want, but once a battery is fully drained it will never be as reliable.

And oh yeah, this isn't the first time they've done this B.S.

Completely unacceptable. If they don't go out of their way to make this situation right, I'll be putting a special message at the end of each new video I make...

+1
    Yikes! Is this the same Jeff with the new 2012 ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey R. View Post
    Yikes! Is this the same Jeff with the new 2012 ski?

Yes Sir.

+1
    Damn That sucks..

+1
    So what are your next steps? Did you contact the dealer?

I would verify the SC PN on the unit itself just to be sure it wasnt a paper error, when you have the correct part.

+1
    Just called Barney's and spoke with the Service Manager. When I told him the Part # on the service receipt matched the part # for the 215hp supercharger he said all the SuperChargers are the same. I told him he was absolutly 100% wrong.

Are you kidding me?!? The service manager of the entire shop thinks all Seadoo superchargers are the same! He doesn't know that Seadoo has been putting larger 255hp Superchargers in skis and boats for the last 4 years!

I have lost all faith in their skill and knowledge of these PWC's. This makes me wonder how many other less knowledgable customers brought their X-Skis/Boats in and have been ripped off by being given the wrong super charger.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information