Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Macsboost IC or H20xtreme IC

Looking to get the best inner cooler for my 2004 Honda f12x.. So far I think it's down to the Ic from Macsboost or H20xtreme. Doesn't anyone have any input wich one they would go with? Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmidnet View Post
    Looking to get the best inner cooler for my 2004 Honda f12x.. So far I think it's down to the Ic from Macsboost or H20xtreme. Doesn't anyone have any input wich one they would go with? Thanks
    Both are a good upgrade. However IMO the layout of the Frozen Boost IC (that's what h20e is selling) is more efficient and should deliver the most significant drop in intake temps.

+1
    Build ur own kit . Buy ur ic from siliconeintakes and all ur plumbing also and save urself $250! I can send u a link for it all if u want. Even a few hp parts if u want to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmidnet View Post
    Hi Glen, I think you made the right choice. As for efficiency, I would take that challenge any day. The benefits are many: My kit comes with a proven mounting system that is easy to install, a super durable high performance Intercooler, all silicone one piece piping and the extra bits to increase boost safely with the MACSBOOST module all the way up to 19psi. 17.5psi is the max we recommend on 93 octane. With our system, 19psi wont hurt your ski, but performance will not improve without the octane.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by supermac View Post
    Hi Glen, I think you made the right choice. As for efficiency, I would take that challenge any day. The benefits are many: My kit comes with a proven mounting system that is easy to install, a super durable high performance Intercooler, all silicone one piece piping and the extra bits to increase boost safely with the MACSBOOST module all the way up to 19psi. 17.5psi is the max we recommend on 93 octane. With our system, 19psi wont hurt your ski, but performance will not improve without the octane.
    Hay mac how bout u send me one of them modules to test . I bet u that module above 14psi runs lean (+13:1) untill u can prove it ur parts r no better than ramons crap just 2 guys lookin to make a buck

+1
    Gmidnet buy u a turbosmart FDC2 fuel cut defender and set it to 3.2-3.3v on dial #1 and on dial#2 turn it up to 9 and a mbc bleeder unit from turbosmart then u will have u a the same hp parts mac sells and save urself $150 off from macs unit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    Gmidnet buy u a turbosmart FDC2 fuel cut defender and set it to 3.2-3.3v on dial #1 and on dial#2 turn it up to 9 and a mbc bleeder unit from turbosmart then u will have u a the same hp parts mac sells and save urself $150 off from macs unit
    ? how many psi are you running with that turbosmart FDC2.

+1
    12-17 at most depending on prop and desire of performance

Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    12-17 at most depending on prop and desire of performance
    the best mod i ever made to my ski was macs module. i been reading a few posts and u been bashing macs for everything. they are both trying to make a buck, thats the point of a business. h20 is great and macs is great. macs module is backed up by data and by actual ski racers, and not to forget his customer service is top notch. back the f*ck up a little.

as far as which intercooler is best, i have no idea man. i have macsboost and it has never given me a problem...

+1
    Ok then . Lol its still running lean . As far as his module goes .it does what it is supposto do great and even tells u the boost that it is seeing at that map sensor( which is actualy 2 psi higher than the engine is seeing on otherside of throttlebodies with stock setup.. ) but hears the catch the honda motor is a tank and by running any boost mods over stock makes it run amazing by adding boost and leaning the burn out to about the 13:1 area (or higher) depending on psi. So yea it feels like a monster after adding macs or h2o's stuff , but ....its running lean ( needs to be running between 11-12:1 since it is turbo charged. A leaner burn creates higher egt temps which will one day take ur valves,exhaust manifold, or even ur turbo impeller/bearing. Many people have ran theirs this way for 100+-hrs without problems but its a coin toss every time u pull wot. Me being a mechanic and a gear head cant handle the fact that one day somethings going to give . And i cant stand it. So i added meth injection to richen the burn to safe levels and as a pluss it allows u to run more timing ,even cools the intake charge with the ic to around 60-80deg intake temps from the 250+air the turbo blows. So all im preaching is just do a mac module (if u want ) and meth injection a simple $250 setup will do and run de-icer washer fluid (50%meth-50% h2o) its $2.50+- a gal and thru a tank it will only take 2 gal if set properly.
    Still think the h2o style intercooler is better just because its hudge .it will not fit in stock location on a r12x unlike macs so i will give mac credit there it does fit in stock location better .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information