Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: pro 1200

pro 1200

well last season i broke and bought a 2000 pro 1200...love it...it just seems like it has more than its giving me in the speed dept. any tips on anything i can do to squeeze all the available MPH would be greatly appreciated...i know there are some PRO gurus in here.. i do also have a zxi 1100 i will be selling to get a pro 785..it had a full r and d motor/impeller/grate/ride plate package...real nice. thanks

Banned User
    +1
    What kind of speed are you getting????60-62 is stock.

+1
    What's your definition of "speed"? For me it's how quickly the boat gets to top speed and accelerates out of corners. IMO the Pro1200 hull wasn't designed for ultimate peak speed but for excellent cornering. At the minimum you need 91 octane heads and reeds. This hull is very sensitive to trim so for me it took some experience to find the right trim for the conditions I was riding on.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    go with some carbon tech lt petals if you keep the stock carbs.find a skat style prop 17/25 from a virage tx works really good.jet works valve.stay with a 4 wedge or a 3.i've got a watcon plate and a set of the factory polaris race sponsons i'm selling

last summer i had it to about 62 gps with my fiancee on back goin down river,,,i heard there may ba a lil left in it..lol how do i know id i have 91 oct heads? or should i just run 91 all the time,,as i do. tx pro, if those parts you mentioned you have forsale will help out i may be interested in buying. also what anout vortex arrestors? any gain by using them? also if anyone knows where i may find right rear corner bumper ill buy it...i also picked up a 97 hurricane for 700 at the same time...fighting an electrical issue there,,,but it runs well too

Banned User
    +1
    You could try a 6 degree wedge if you are looking for more top end. What impeller are you running? A Nujet 7.0 or with all the other mods listed you could even try a 7.5. I will also be trying the Virage 17/25 skat prop on mine as well.

Doug,
    Could you maybe post a list of the props you have tried and the speed results you got with them? I would be curious to know what's the fastest top end and what was the best holeshot. Right now I have a 707 a Nujet 7.0 and a 17/25 virage prop. This might answer sprinklerguy's question a little bit too.

im not sure what is on it for an impeller...im assuming all is stock...it seems to be...im thinking the carbs may need gone thru,,,cleaned etc...funny how theres no snow to go sleddin, now skis are on my mind

Banned User
    +1
    What kind of RPMs are you seeing? Should be around 6700 I think. Check the condition of your impeller and wear ring.

+1
    If you're getting 62 MPH with a passenger that's excellent! I have the Watcon plate and Polaris sponsons and they work. The sponsons reduce the effort required to turn the boat and the ride plate alters a lot of the performance characteristics-better hook up in the rough, less pitching, etc. I always focused on handling improvements because I think this hull was designed to excel at closed course type riding. The stock impeller worked great for me but I always turned about 6,900 RPM. Supposedly the engine makes peak power closer to 6,700 but it doesn't accelerate as hard if the impeller is pitched to hold it at that RPM. I tried a Wet Wolf adjustable cone and that's what I concluded.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    the skat styles keep the pump hooked up better and have a better takeoff and snap at slower speeds.the 7.0 was the fastest for me in either of my 1200 skis.i don't like the 6 wedge on a pro1200 unless the water is glass.chasing that last bit of mph gives up too much every where else on that hull.i prefer the hard acceleration and cornering which it WAS made for.nu-jet props don't reload as quick as skats.i have lake and river setups for all my skis.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information