Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Summer Ski Fest Tampa Bay 2012

The dates have been locked in now for the 2nd annual summer skifest here in the Tampa Bay area. The dates are Aug. 3rd - Aug 5th and it will be held again at the Marriott Suites on Sand Key. This is an earlier date from last year and more in tune with summer since the kids will still be out of school. The rates are a little higher than last year but still at a good price for the location. The rates this year are 165.00 per night and need to be booked by July 3rd to guarantee the rate. I have just so many rooms held at this event also so make sure you book your room early and don't miss out on this rate. This is a busy weekend still with the summer still in full swing so that is why I am putting this out there early. They have a very nice pool deck and we will be able to anchor just off of the seawall to the hotel. You can check out the hotels website to see all they have to offer. The area is wonderful and centrally located for many activities for riders and non-riders. They have a free shuttle to one of the best beaches in the area, as well as a daycare, restaurants and bars, including poolside. The rides are being discussed still but we should have tours around Clearwater Beach, the various islands including Anclote Key and even a mangrove tour I have been told. This area is very active night and day with places such as Sheppards, Pier 60 and many other businesses on Clearwater Beach. Friday night we will have the Clearwater beach shuttle and barhoping experience for anyone interested.

Just to let you know that we are giving a weekend stay away for the Marriott at our Jetski bash in April so make sure you make that event, you can check that out at www.jetskibash.com and here at http://tampabayjetskiclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=607.0.

You can make your reservations at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key >>
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...&toDate=8/5/12. or call at

Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key
    1201 Gulf Boulevard · Clearwater Beach, Florida 33767 USA
    Phone: 1-727-596-1100
    Fax: 1-727-595-4292
    Hotel Reservations
    For Marriott hotel reservations in the US, call 1 888 236 2427

If you want additional days just change the days on the reservation before completing the reservation.

We will once again do rides Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The tides are going to be extremely high as long as the condition allow it so the mangrove trails should be very accessible. Hope to see everyone there.

+1
    We have over 20 rooms booked already..

Get your room and tickets before they rooms sell out.

+1
    I think John was talking about the JETSKI bash we are having in April. But still book early to make sure you get the rate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    I think John was talking about the JETSKI bash we are having in April. But still book early to make sure you get the rate.
    wow... yes i was wrong. im just excited to get out skiing soon.

Went last year and this was a blast...can't wait to do it again this year...maybe this time I won't get too drunk for the demo rides... :P

For those who are in PR, Is there a place I can rent a Jetski near by if I decide to go

+1
    There is a rental company at the hotel that a friend rented from last year to do the mangrove trail ride. I am pretty sure he paid around $100 per hour for a yamaha VX, he didn't regret it since it was a great ride through the trails that day. I wish I could work out something with a rental company at a little better rate but I don't know where. Do a google search for the Clearwater area and see if you can find a better rate. The biggest problem we have is it is a very highly visited area so they are usually very busy for the summer. Hope you can work something out.

Aquafox maybe you should wait until at least after noon that way you can find a demo you can do. I haven't worked out the demo situation but hopefully we will have some new machines even though we are a little earlier this year due to the Republican convention.

+1
    To answer the question about rental skis for the out of town guests I contacted the rental company at the hotel and if you set it up in advance of the event the rate will now be $85.00 per hour. You can find their website and contact info at http://www.clearwaterwaves.com/

+1
    I have marked it on my calendar and looking forward to it!

Crystal River Florida. Home of speed restricted manatee zones.
    +1
    Being new to the area, I might have to make this event to meet some people down here.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information