No pain No gain!

Hey everyone,
    i just wanted talk about me flying off at 70 mph on a friends fzs!
    I was doing some speed runs down the river. at the time i looked down saw 70 mph then looked up n saw a boat pass me and it's wake cause 3 big waves! i hit the first wave at WOT landed all good then hit the second wave at 3/4 on the way down i felt my feet lifting off the jetski and i can remember saying "this is goin to hurt!" i land and got shot off flew across the water for a good 50m before i sunk.. i popped out my right should and bruised the whole left side of my leg! all i can say is that it hurt like hell but i'm getting better day by day and can wait to jump back on to mine and do speed tests!!! hahahaha

+1
    Be careful out there! Glad you are ok!

+1
    Hope you are ok... I did the same thing in May '10 and eventually had to have rotator cuff surgery over the holidays. Mine popped out and back in right away but MRI later showed torn ligaments.

+1
    I hit a big azz rogue wave from a wake board boat on my RXT a while back and nearly had the same results; almost came off it but managed to stay on. Since then I have tried to be more careful; freaking wake board boats piss me off, fortunately we are seeing less of them these days, I think the fad is passing. Of course when we are wakeboarding ourselves on our boat I don't feel this way...

crosschop..our worst enemies. Bit it a 60+ chasing down an RXP two summers ago. Made for a loooong swim......I caught him eventually

+1
    did pretty much the same thing in december, dislocated my right shoulder but didnt come of the ski. still hurting and pretty sure i tore my rotater cuff, but the MRI says different...........

+1
    Overall I have found these skis are very stable.
    I have also hit some very big wakes where I thought I was going to have trouble and the hull sliced right through it. The only time I almost came off the FZS was when I was standing up on the ski racing some guy on a Sea-Doo. Now he was a newb and I was punishing the guy anyway so I didn't need to push it; but I was hot-dogging a little and didn't realize I had a tiny bit of suntan lotion residue on my hand; I hit a big wake and my hand slipped at 70+ mph... kinda spooked me. Looking back, it was probably a good thing; when you get over 500 hours seat time on these things you can start to get too cocky.
    Moral; beware of the suntan lotion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    crosschop..our worst enemies. Bit it a 60+ chasing down an RXP two summers ago. Made for a loooong swim......I caught him eventually
    yeah ..only time got knocked off..its the one's you don't see coming...

Thread Information