Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    SeaDoo RXP260 Break-In / Modding

    I just finished break-in, which I carefully went though from 1hr-4hr. I now have 7hr on my ski, and I was able to achieve 69mph today.

    I ordered a Solas 15/20R impeller, and a VTECH ECU.

    Will the VTECH ECU remove my RXP's top speed limiter?

    Has anyone else begun modding? Any advise on what other mods (and brand) to do next? I saw Fizzle parts, but they do not look as good as Riva parts. What does Riva have out so far for the 2012 RXP-X?


  2. #2
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    I wouldnt order the 15/20R...Just my opinion...I am STILL trying to tune a 14/19R on a 07 RXP...I am not impressed with these prop at all!!!!

  3. #3
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,559
    +1
    948
    i did the vtech stage 3, riva 3rd gen intercooler, tubing kit, 15/20 solas, 4" fizzle intake, riva valvtrain kit, xx charger, walbro fuel pump, riva rrfpr,Riva intake mod, will post speeds this weekend if the weather holds up, hoping for 75-80

  4. #4
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    You may want to get a 15/22r. The stock prop pitch is 14/20.

  5. #5
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,559
    +1
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    You may want to get a 15/22r. The stock prop pitch is 14/20.
    im running 8800 rpm, so i should be in the right ballpark according to some other people with similar setups, we will see

  6. #6
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    im running 8800 rpm, so i should be in the right ballpark according to some other people with similar setups, we will see
    Stock prop? What mods?

  7. #7
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,559
    +1
    948
    I meant my limiter is set at 8800, my mods are listed above, the expert advice I got recommended a 15/20, other px owners are running at with a similar setup

  8. #8
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    I meant my limiter is set at 8800, my mods are listed above, the expert advice I got recommended a 15/20, other px owners are running at with a similar setup
    With kinda the same mods that you have on my 08 I am currently running a 15/23 @ 8600. My 2012 yesterday I was all over the rev limit 8400, with the stock prop. I am shooting for 8200 rpm. I put a 15/22 in last night and will see what rpm I get today. I was also told to run a 15/20 with my mods, but I dont think it will be enough to get me off the rev limiter.

  9. #9
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,559
    +1
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    With kinda the same mods that you have on my 08 I am currently running a 15/23 @ 8600. My 2012 yesterday I was all over the rev limit 8400, with the stock prop. I am shooting for 8200 rpm. I put a 15/22 in last night and will see what rpm I get today. I was also told to run a 15/20 with my mods, but I dont think it will be enough to get me off the rev limiter.
    let me know what you find and ill do the same, sort of uncharted waters with this new ski, i had planned on making a prop adjustment or 10 to get it where it needs to be

  10. #10
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,559
    +1
    948
    looks like the weatehr here in st louis is turning to crap so i wont have a chance to ride mine till at least next weekend, im planning on doing a "no wake" break in, as soon as im out of the no wake it will be broke in for me

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Break-in before mods?
    By Xtlhunter in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 12:47 PM
  2. How do I break in a new engine for a 2002 Seadoo GTX DI?
    By spray&Splash2011 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 12:30 AM
  3. Seadoo Break in
    By Scooby101 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 06:43 PM
  4. FS: 2006 SeaDoo RXP - Lots of mods - Fast! in Md - Needs Rings
    By RXPBeast in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 10:47 AM
  5. Breaking in a seadoo
    By chris013087 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •