Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris 1050 pop off pressure and Cank questions

Its been a while how has everyone been? I have been reading on the pop off pressure test and
    I got the concept but when I hook up the gauge to the fuel inlet and can pump the gauge up to 30
    and just stays there and the same with all the carbs I think I must be doing something wrong! The write ups in the pop off pressure test are very vague so I could be doing it wrong! And another question is I just replaced the seals on the lower end and I notice two or the rods looked a pinkish red and the center rod was blackish could that be a sign of weaken rods or am I just over thinking it?

+1
    When you do a pop off test you need to keep pumping the pressure until the needle "pops" off the seat. The pressure will then be released. The maximum pressure reading on the gauge just before this happens is your actual pressure reading. In order to do this properly the needle and seat must be wet. Spray the needle and seat with WD-40 before the test. You don't need to have the diaphragm plate screwed in to do this either, I leave it exposed just in case you need to make adjustments, change the spring etc.

ya i have a sevice manaul and for some reason on all three carb, i cant get it to pop off
    i have a mighty vac from autozone and i put it on the inlets for the fuel system and still
    get nothing well it builds up pressure i just cant get it to pop off! am i doing something wrong?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sltx1050 View Post
    i have a mighty vac from autozone and i put it on the inlets for the fuel system and still
    get nothing well it builds up pressure i just cant get it to pop off! am i doing something wrong?
    most mighty vacs only do vacuum not pump pressure, are you sure your pumping pressure into the carb or are you vacuuming out?

+1
    needles could be stuck to the seats too.

Banned User
    +1
    When I tried testing popoff on my Keihins, I could not make them pop no matter what I did. There was a point where they would stop holding pressure however, and when the pressure was being released there was a point where the needle would seal itself again. I was able to repeat the test and get the same numbers, so I figured it was good enough and ran with it. Seemed to run fine the little I had it out a few weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    most mighty vacs only do vacuum not pump pressure, are you sure your pumping pressure into the carb or are you vacuuming out?
    ya i am useing a vaccum pump, is there any where local place like a hardware store or auto parts store that i could get a pressure pump at?

+1
    This is where I got mine from, get the 60 psi http://www.atlanticjetsport.com/inde...t_detail&p=851

+1
    Yep that's a good one to get, you really only need up to about 30 psi but the 60 will work great

+1
    i'm sure John at Watcon has them too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information