Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skat trak pump

Question Skat trak pump

im new to this needing some info I have an 09 ultra and am looking to get a skat pump couldnt really find any info about the gains if any over the stock pump who all has ran the skat on there ultra? could someone please help me out

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by XO1 SC View Post
    im new to this needing some info I have an 09 ultra and am looking to get a skat pump couldnt really find any info about the gains if any over the stock pump who all has ran the skat on there ultra? could someone please help me out
    ultra what ?
    or
    just lx

closed course , offshore , speed , holeshot what are you wanting to achieve

Waz

yes the 260lx

i just dont like the stock pump the veins get chewed up to easy this is my 2nd one, honestly dont care to much about top end i run 70 all day pretty good hook up on rough water and mid pull i had my stock impeller repitched by impros and it made a pretty good difference over stock pitch but with my pump bein chewed up i can tell i have some cavitation specially on take off just want to run efficiant as possible but 1500 bucks is alot for the skat thats why i was wanting some feedback of people who have ran this pump and to know if its any better over the stock

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Winning ski in the MH 300 has a Skat. And its a 155mm not the 160 that comes on a 300X.

whats the difference with the set back version? anybody running one

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Winning ski in the MH 300 has a Skat. And its a 155mm not the 160 that comes on a 300X.
    A little birdie told me that over the weekend also. Glad to get it confirmed. I have been researching it since. Sorry to sidetrack your thread.

I would talk to dave. He did some work for oyu in the past. He couldoffer you some credible information. Also it you look at the set ups Mountain Motorsports uses on their built skis it includes a Skat.

thanks lasportsmn yes i believe dave is the guy ive talked to and had some work done kinda hard to get ahold of him hes always busy! lol i was reading about the pump bearing shaft failures that some people have had was wondering would that be a prob on the skat pump also? personally i havent had that prob and havent got the mod thats suppose to fix that prob

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    There's a reason for that. If riding offshore though the 160 is a better option. Pastos skis not stock ether

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by XO1 SC View Post
    yes the 260lx

i just dont like the stock pump the veins get chewed up to easy this is my 2nd one, honestly dont care to much about top end i run 70 all day pretty good hook up on rough water and mid pull i had my stock impeller repitched by impros and it made a pretty good difference over stock pitch but with my pump bein chewed up i can tell i have some cavitation specially on take off just want to run efficiant as possible but 1500 bucks is alot for the skat thats why i was wanting some feedback of people who have ran this pump and to know if its any better over the stock
    How are you chewing up pumps ?
    And 70 ? What are your mods that's not very common on 260s

honestly i think its when im reversing off the trailer and or just starting it in shallow water but ive never sucked up any big rocks or weeds or anything just dont c how sand or small debris could keep chewing the veins up thats why im wanting a better pump lol

and as for mods i have a r&d plate that i wet sanded and made smooth no casting flaws, repitched factory impeller, 1 degree r&d wedge cool air intake, ram air mod thanks to skip for sharing that on the teammoto site still in shock cant believe hes gone! and riva sponsons other than that all stock no engine mods

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information