Sc rebuild 07' 150

I have 07' speedster 150/ 215hp. 98hrs. Never abused (or out of water under power) oil changes on time, plugs etc... Very well taken care of. Would anyone push the rebuild on the SC? I am going to sell it and want to do the right thing for the new owner.

If you want to do right by the new owner, either you or he needs to have it rebuilt with metal washers ASAP. Many low-hour '07 boats destroyed their engines by the ceramic clutch washers breaking up. This was back when we thought the boats might be somewhat more immune to this, than the skis were, because they didn't come unhooked out of the water as much. Besides that issue, in the very least, you'd want to check the slip pressure of the SC clutch. On the stock SC, the acceptable slip range is between 44-88lbf*in. When rebuilt, it will be initially set between 90-106.

Are you sure you only have 98hrs? I have that boat, and until I switched to the Riva ECU, it under-reported the hours big-time. They didn't fix that glitch until '08.

Yeah, When I first got it the hour meter stopped at 16 hrs or something like that. We had a new dash unit put in it and then the dealer got an update from seadoo. We put the old one in and been ok since. Or should I say the hours click away, I have never timed the boat to check, but seems to be oo the right track. We dont use it much since we have had other boats/skis to absorb our time. I guess I will send SC to Jerry, I'm sure I can get it off. It will be good pratice, in an easy work area since I will be doing the same with 2010 rxtx this summer.

How do you check slip pressure?

Getting the SC out is just three 8mm bolts (top, botton, side). The one on top is a pain, hard to find the perfect tool there. Many have used a Dremel to file-down the thickness of a tool to fit in there. Last time I had my PTO cover off, I used a Dremel in the area around the bolt, so I can use any 8mm wrench there now.

To check the slip, you must have a dial-type torque wrench (not particularly cheap). People have successfully checked the slip without removing the SC, by jamming a broom handle at the prop to keep it from moving (correct way would to to remove valve cover and insert a locking tool in the cam, though), then remove the air hose from the middle of the SC and attach the torque wrench to the SC impeller nut (15mm socket?), turn the wrench and read the amount of force it takes to slip it. I personally always remove the SC, place it in an SC holding plate on a vise, then use a monkey wrench to hold the SC gear, and turn the shaft to check slippage.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=checking+slip

Many threads about the supercharger in the HOW-TO section: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Thread Information