Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Danny's intake mod

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone that didn't already know. Danny mods stock intakes and does an outstanding job. The turnaround was very quick also thanks again for a great piece.

+1
    Just be careful when running this type of manifold as it has been known to lean out cylinder number 3...There has been other members running this and the Les Cooke style manny and have noticed after time that number 3 cylinder leans out more than 1 and 2...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Just be careful when running this type of manifold as it has been known to lean out cylinder number 3...There has been other members running this and the Les Cooke style manny and have noticed after time that number 3 cylinder leans out more than 1 and 2...
    What do you run?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    Just wanted to put this out there for anyone that didn't already know. Danny mods stock intakes and does an outstanding job. The turnaround was very quick also thanks again for a great piece.

Looks good jason, mine didn't come with an ecu..........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockrxp View Post
    What do you run?
    OEM.....

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    OEM.....
    Not too many option when adding boost. I've been running a similar one for a while now with good luck.

+1
    Reinforce the outside seams with lots of small bolts. Ran one like that last year and works fine. Pressure tested it to 30 PSI all good!
    Not too many option when adding boost. I've been running a similar one for a while now with good luck.

Banned User
    +1
    I've updated this design from previous ones by eliminating the 2.5" pipe that connects the TB to the plenum, and simply extending the plenum BACK almost 2" to meet the TB. Eliminating the pipe gave 9% more volume in the opening at the TB (since the material of the pipe is gone). I also reduced the volume of the plenum by just under 1/4 inch the entire length of the unit. Plus when you rotate the TB so sit with proper clearance, the butter opens up toward #3, for a straighter shot... With those changes, flowbench results show an increase in airflow to #3 by almost 31% over previous designs. Of all new units that I have made, more than half went on turbo setups. Some are seeing 30+psi with no issues...

+1
    Im not trying to start no shit brother just presenting the facts as i dont want to see you or anybody else mess there motors up...I have seen this manifold in action and the guy that ran it lost rpm,afr's all over the board,lost power at WOT and leaned out cylinder number 3..This has been found to be in the les cooke manifolds also as this is no poke at Danny.Also there are many options for high boost applications..I know of quit a few guys down in Florida running 20+ pounds of boost on modified OEM manifolds.Again im not trying to start no shit im just trying to warn you guys of the known issues involved with this manifold...

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Reinforce the outside seams with lots of small bolts. Ran one like that last year and works fine. Pressure tested it to 30 PSI all good!
    +100............

I understand your just Passing on what you know. The only thing I was saying is Ive been running one for a while with no issues. Time will tell good thing I have another motor sitting in the garage.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information