Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

R&D Ride plate and intake grate combo review.

I have strayed away from any after market ride plates for the 300 as with the 50-60 there was never a good plate for offshore and flat water. it was one or the other. Or stock witch was best all around.
    Fast forward to getting a 300 and trying to learn to ride its twitchy nature. I was then presented with A R&D intake grate to play with. Emdetely after installing the ride difference was huge making a more stable craft with a little loss in hook up. I ran this intake grate and stock ride plate for 60plus hrs. This past weekend at the Han we where out testing our boats and GL was kind enough to let me test his ski witch had both the ride plate and intake grate. There was a good two foot chop on the lake as well. Right away I could tell the difference in the way the boat handled it was very very stable and side chop did not affect the boat anymore. Wow!! I thought It was such a dramatic difference that after a few phone calls and running around I was able to find a plate to buy before the race. Bolted it on and race day came very flat water but with some good cross chop from boat traffic and other skis again right away I felt the difference in the stability of the ski I was very happy with the result. Today I was able to get the ski out in the ocean for the final test with some decent conditions. And again the wow factor came to me the ski tracks super straight and just moved thought the water dam near close to how the 250-260 did. I was amazed and still am amazed Of the result. I also let my ride partner ride my ski who before hated the 300 due to its twitchy nature over a 260 witch he rides and he said for the first time now that's a ski fast strong stable. He was very impressed.
    The result. the plates is awesome and great for both flat and rough conditions. With no loss in hook up and a gain of 2mph over stock plate. I have not tested R&D ride plate with stock intake but that will be next. I would recommend this plate for all around conditions that will do great in flat and rough water. This plate coupled with the R&d intake seems to be a great set up.

+1
    Well since the race is over and my secret is out Yes I completely agree. This is a GREAT combo. I had a well over 70 average in all the conditions we encountered that day. The two seem to really work together well. The ski actually will run lower RPMs but still gain speed. I can not wait to start with my impeller testing now that I have the setup all tested for the different conditions and types of races.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Well since the race is over and my secret is out Yes I completely agree. This is a GREAT combo. I had a well over 70 average in all the conditions we encountered that day. The two seem to really work together well. The ski actually will run lower RPMs but still gain speed. I can not wait to start with my impeller testing now that I have the setup all tested for the different conditions and types of races.
    That's my next test as well. But I'm not sure If I will share that test publicly at least lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    That's my next test as well. But I'm not sure If I will share that test publicly at least lol
    You too huh! I was out on the lake today.

I also have the R&D plate and intake grate combo and love it. I got a 73mph run while my friend with the Riva combo only got 71. Also love that the parachutte feeling is gone. Too bad R&Dīs customer service and intructions suck ass.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    You too huh! I was out on the lake today.
    Nice!!!!!

+1
    Nice!!!!!
    Actually no it wasn't. If Havasu was that rough I would not have made the first set. Had to tow in a ski. I will not get into it but it was not a Kawi.
    I really like this setup for allaround conditions. I am glad we were able to test it side by side and y'all had time to get it on before th race.

+1
    I have strayed away from any after market ride plates for the 300 as with the 50-60 there was never a good plate for offshore and flat water. it was one or the other. Or stock witch was best all around.
    Fast forward to getting a 300 and trying to learn to ride its twitchy nature. I was then presented with A R&D intake grate to play with. Emdetely after installing the ride difference was huge making a more stable craft with a little loss in hook up. I ran this intake grate and stock ride plate for 60plus hrs. This past weekend at the Han we where out testing our boats and GL was kind enough to let me test his ski witch had both the ride plate and intake grate. There was a good two foot chop on the lake as well. Right away I could tell the difference in the way the boat handled it was very very stable and side chop did not affect the boat anymore. Wow!! I thought It was such a dramatic difference that after a few phone calls and running around I was able to find a plate to buy before the race. Bolted it on and race day came very flat water but with some good cross chop from boat traffic and other skis again right away I felt the difference in the stability of the ski I was very happy with the result. Today I was able to get the ski out in the ocean for the final test with some decent conditions. And again the wow factor came to me the ski tracks super straight and just moved thought the water dam near close to how the 250-260 did. I was amazed and still am amazed Of the result. I also let my ride partner ride my ski who before hated the 300 due to its twitchy nature over a 260 witch he rides and he said for the first time now that's a ski fast strong stable. He was very impressed.
    The result. the plates is awesome and great for both flat and rough conditions. With no loss in hook up and a gain of 2mph over stock plate. I have not tested R&D ride plate with stock intake but that will be next. I would recommend this plate for all around conditions that will do great in flat and rough water. This plate coupled with the R&d intake seems to be a great set up.
    +1...I agree. The r&d definitely worked for me. 75.7 in the flat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldchico View Post
    +1...I agree. The r&d definitely worked for me. 75.7 in the flat.
    Impressive speeds! Do you have the R&D grate and plate combo on yours?

+1
    Thanks for sharing.. I have installed R&D plate on mine and will test today!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information