Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm Lost, replaced grey lines and don't know where this one goes.

Hello, I hate to start at a forum with a question but I've been off the water for 2 months, bought this ski yesterday and thought I'd quickly replace the grey lines this morning before spending the day on the water, 7 hours later and it's almost all back together, except I have no idea where to route this last fuel line to.

It's the hose in the middle of this pic I borrowed from the manual. The manual wasn't too helpful in directing me

Also, I stupidly took the cover off the rave valve and lost a spring, what will happen if I run it without a spring just at idle?

Thanks in advance

+1
    That is the pulse line. It controls the fuel pump and it connects to the engine crank case.

thanks very much, I found the nipple next to the other crank case nipple that is used for the rave valves, not sure how i missed it. Now to find where that spring went...

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    you will be able to fire it up and run it at idle. its just going to run like crap on top. I suggest finding the spring before riding it. also...did you clean the carb screens? if not you need to do that before you put it all back together.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    you will be able to fire it up and run it at idle. its just going to run like crap on top. I suggest finding the spring before riding it. also...did you clean the carb screens? if not you need to do that before you put it all back together.
    +1 totally

the carb screens being the tiny filters behind the diaphragm on each carb? if so yes I did. Also sprayed a lot of cleaner throught the carbs and at all 3 of the tiny jets and the larger one.

I'm a little concerned because I test rode the ski and it was idling perfectly and did 5knots fine going out of the marina but died as soon as I opened the throttle right up. It would jump forward then engine would cut out. Because it had all grey fuel lines I figured there would be shit in the carbs but the little filters weren't too bad and all most of the lines were ok. The fuel selector was worse than most of the pics i've seen on here though. The main filter was relatively clear

+1
    Did you also clean the needle seat?

I only disassembled the cover to get to the filters, everything else was cleaned by spraying a lot of cleaner into the throat of the carb.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    sounds like you need to replace the needle and seats. they tend to stick with age and thats the reason that it died. that is the most common thing that people over look when rebuilding these carbs. change them out and you will be rockin again.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    sounds like you need to replace the needle and seats. they tend to stick with age and thats the reason that it died. that is the most common thing that people over look when rebuilding these carbs. change them out and you will be rockin again.

Just about to order flame arrestors, prefilters, 85 lows, 167.5 highs, EZ tune screws, a rebuild kit, 2.3 needles/seat, primer kit, tool kit and some sponsons

Hopefully that sorts my stumbling issues, will make sure the RAVE valves are clean at the same time

If you get a chance could you have a look at my other thread regarding these jetting specs with non-ethanol fuel. Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information