2012 rxt is 260 info needed

just picked up a new 2012 rxt is 260 and i was wondering if on start up the suspension is going to raise up on its own or do i have to manually put in auto suspension and when turning off does it docks it self all the time?

+1
    I believe that the suspension will raise to "dock" height at start up and stop all on its own...I do know that if you are "up" with the suspension and turn the ski off it will go down to "dock" height

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Dock Mode is all the way down on these skis.

The ski will start in Dock Mode and will raise up automatically when you start running. If you press the Suspension button on the left handlebar (upper button), you'll put it in Manual Mode and you can use those up/down buttons to raise and lower the deck. However, if you slow down to an idle, the deck will go into Dock mode again. To bypass that...
    1. With ski off, press Starter button and insert key. Do not start ski
    2. On the right handle bar, cycle through the menus via the Mode button
    3. When you get to 'Settings', hit the Set button.
    4. Now you should see 'Dock Mode Auto' scroll across the display
    5. Press the up or down button on the right until it says 'Dock Mode Off'
    6. Press the Set button again.

Now the ski will NOT lower every time you come down to an idle, but it still will raise when you start running. If you want to go to Dock Mode, you need to double press the lower suspension button on the left. However, if you're at an idle or close, and you're turning the handle bars hard, it will engage the steering assist (raises RPM slightly), it will trigger Dock Mode. (something I don't like)

This is how I usually ride my ski. I start it, tap the upper suspension button to raise the deck and go into manual mode. I prefer to raise and lower the deck myself. If you turn off the ski from the Start/Stop button, the deck should lower if not already. If you pull the key to shut down, the deck may stay where it's at.

thank you guys for your help.i havent even put in the water yet and i have to bring i back to the dealer. i put a little gas in it and started it and it never went up automatically i had to go to i.s.mode and double click to raise it in auto and only went down and couple times on its own. i thought there was a glitch. im new to seadoo and im trying to learn all the features before hitting the water.my other 2 skis were simple compared to the features on here.

+1
    No glitch. No matter which mode you're in, the deck will stay low at startup. When you start riding, it will raise automatically to about 4 inches and adjust itself from there. If it doesn't sense a bumpy ride, it will lower, if it does, it will raise. I stay manual 100% of the time. I'm either all the way down or all the way up. Also, when the ski is up, it will be top heavy and will pitch and roll a bit at lower speeds. It will take some getting used to, but eventually you'll figure it out and it won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    No glitch. No matter which mode you're in, the deck will stay low at startup. When you start riding, it will raise automatically to about 4 inches and adjust itself from there. If it doesn't sense a bumpy ride, it will lower, if it does, it will raise. I stay manual 100% of the time. I'm either all the way down or all the way up. Also, when the ski is up, it will be top heavy and will pitch and roll a bit at lower speeds. It will take some getting used to, but eventually you'll figure it out and it won't be a problem.
    thank you so much for this info.when i was reading the manual it says it will raise automatically on start up and auto will view read on the gauge.its a little cold here in new england so all i could do is hook up water to it and start it and it wasnt even going into the auto mode so it made me a bit concerned.i do know once i raised it by double clicking the up button in i.s. mode it did go up but it didnt dock a couple time...should i b concerned?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1968 View Post
    thank you so much for this info.when i was reading the manual it says it will raise automatically on start up and auto will view read on the gauge.its a little cold here in new england so all i could do is hook up water to it and start it and it wasnt even going into the auto mode so it made me a bit concerned.i do know once i raised it by double clicking the up button in i.s. mode it did go up but it didnt dock a couple time...should i b concerned?
    No concerns really. Mine does that too. Sometimes it will go down when shut down, sometimes not. However, whenever you do hook up a hose to it, make sure you start the ski first, then open up the water flow. Then shut off the water for a few seconds before shutting the ski down. Don't run it on the hose too long either.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    No concerns really. Mine does that too. Sometimes it will go down when shut down, sometimes not. However, whenever you do hook up a hose to it, make sure you start the ski first, then open up the water flow. Then shut off the water for a few seconds before shutting the ski down. Don't run it on the hose too long either.
    thanks again!!!

Thread Information