Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Boost and RPM loss.....went from 8500 to 8100...where did you find your boost leak???

2009 FZR....
    I know a few people have experienced this....I just couldn't find it using "search".
    Went riding yesterday, all was good until I suddenly lost rpm's and boost. I went from 13lbs to 3 pounds boost (gauge), and went from 8500 to 8100 rpm's (pet tach)...I am assuming there is a boost leak somewhere??? Where did you guys find your leaks, if you found them(and hopefully it wasn't UNDER the Riva Powercooler).

....or what was your issue if it wasn't a boost leak.

Thanks for any assistance

No, its not the clutch or the shaft....been there done that, and the rpm's are too high for it to be that.

Mods in signature below.

Gary

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Maybe in the BOV?

+1
    I thought that too, but it sounds like the BOV is working correctly, as I can here the "chirping" under quick deceleration...even at 3 lbs. And it "all" happened too fast...one minute it was full boost and the next minute 3 pounds...though I guess it is something to look at. Thank you.

+1
    I had a boost leak when I forgot to tighten the clamps on the charge pipe coupler that runs from the IC to the intake manifold.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I had a boost leak when I forgot to tighten the clamps on the charge pipe coupler that runs from the IC to the intake manifold.
    That is where my leak was too. Bottom hose at the IC going to the TB/manifold.

+1
    Thanks guys.

Banned User
    mate, buy a boost leak tester from http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php...85d04c61a17b88 or make your own very simple to make and get a spray bottle with soap and water and pressurize the system you will find it in matter of seconds

+1
    I'd think losing 10psi would make the revs drop a lot more than 400rpm, which makes me think the ski is making more boost than your gauge is reading. Are you using the R&D adaptor for the boost sensor? If yes, I'd check the sensor has a good seal & also check the vac hose that comes off the manifold. Did you notice any change on your AFR gauge? Since the R&D adaptor shares the vac hose with the MAP it might make it go lean if it's not accurately reading manifold pressure, which could be a possible cause of the rpm loss.

+1
    I supect you got something else going on with only 3 psi of boost i don't think you could get to 8100 rpms. First thing is do a good visual inspection of all hoses and clamps. Maby a new set of sparkplugs just to be sure they are ok first. Good luck finding your problem! Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I'd think losing 10psi would make the revs drop a lot more than 400rpm, which makes me think the ski is making more boost than your gauge is reading. Are you using the R&D adaptor for the boost sensor? If yes, I'd check the sensor has a good seal & also check the vac hose that comes off the manifold. Did you notice any change on your AFR gauge? Since the R&D adaptor shares the vac hose with the MAP it might make it go lean if it's not accurately reading manifold pressure, which could be a possible cause of the rpm loss.
    I didn't think I would see 8100 rpm's with with 3psi either...but that's what I saw. The BOV was working and "chirping", and sounding like it always does....i.e. I expected to hear "less" of a chirp with only 3psi, but it actually sounded "strong"...which struck me as strange, then again I would have no idea how the BOV would supposed to sound on 3psi.
    I am using the R&D adaptor for boost sensor...!!!! I did not even think about checking the AFR after this happened - darn it! And come to think of it I wish I would have noted my speed on my GPS, which I didn't do either - Okay, so I'm not that smart.
    I will check the noted items...thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I supect you got something else going on with only 3 psi of boost i don't think you could get to 8100 rpms. First thing is do a good visual inspection of all hoses and clamps. Maby a new set of sparkplugs just to be sure they are ok first. Good luck finding your problem! Tommy Jordan
    Thanks Tommy...will do.
    Re: plugs...I was flying along at full throttle and I could suddenly feel the slight loss of power...but it still ran good (unlike when plugs are fouled, etc)...I didn't think spark plugs would "go" right in the middle of WOT run??!!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information