Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Ugh my eBay disaster rant

So I put a bunch of the parts out items I had laying around on ebay. Well on Wednesday someone bought one item in the morning, then a few hours later bought all my items all 11 of them. I thought it was slightly odd at first, then when I seen they bought a gameboy I had for sale as well I was suspect. I tired contacting the buyer twice and no response, so after a few days of no payment I re-listed the items. Well I didnt know that even it the buyer doesnt pay you still get charged ebay fees for the sale (makes sense Im still a noob seller).

So after calling ebay (mind you this is like 11pm at night) and such Im told I have to open a non-payment ticket up for each item number. Not a huge issue but ok, if this is what I have to do then its what I have to do. So Im still under the impression that this buyer is a scammer or something. Well to my surprise I wake up to find all the tickets resolved, im like WTF I was never paid for anything, so I scroll down and there it is a paypal email with the amount. So now I have to go and cancel all my current relist items (which I feel bad for since 2 of them had people who were bidding on them), which im sure theres a fee for that too.

Ugh now I have to get my ass in gear to ship everything in the next few days (totally unprepared, never imagined I have to ship this many items at once. All the while im still a little suspect over the buyer, but his address is verified with paypal so idk. This whole ordeal has me mentally drained.

+1
    Sometimes wonder if E-bay is worth the hassles.

I have received official looking paypal e-mails,that were fake.
    Always a very good idea to actaully look at your paypal account,verify the payment is there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    Sometimes wonder if E-bay is worth the hassles.

I have received official looking paypal e-mails,that were fake.
    Always a very good idea to actaully look at your paypal account,verify the payment is there.
    i hear ya, yea the first thing i did was log in to paypal to confirm, of course I close my current browser and went directly to the site. Never ever do I click on the links provided in emails from such places.

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    i hear ya, yea the first thing i did was log in to paypal to confirm, of course I close my current browser and went directly to the site. Never ever do I click on the links provided in emails from such places.
    +1 never click those links!!!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    The disaster is all your fault. There are eBay procedures to follow. My listings give winners 5 business days to pay and then you file a non-payment claim. If you follow the rules eBay is pretty much hassle free. I buy or sell 20 items a month, from $5 to $500 dollars.

+1
    yea yea, I just found it odd that one person would buy all 11 items at one time, especially when one of the items didnt match the rest of them. And then to not respond to any emails or messages. How many times have you had one buyer buy 10 separate listings each minutes apart from one another?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Just yesterday I bought 3 items from the same lady. She had something I had been looking for and I clicked her other items for sale button and she had some related stuff so I bought it too. Your buyer is probably into PWC's also and liked the price of the hand held gamer.

So what came of this?

I would be a bit leary still myself. How unrelated were the items? A buddy had a large item bought and paid for through paypal...the credit card used ended up being stolen. Paypal tried to take the money out of his account of course. Ended up turning into a messy situation.

+1
    of the 11 items, 10 were parts from a GTX, 1 was a gameboy and games. As of right now the items were paid for, shipped, and out for delivery. But im still nervous for the exact reason you stated. What did your buddy do when Paypal said it was a fraudulent card? Im hoping I dont have to go through a headache like that.

Seems a bit odd, but I do buy and sell regularly on ebay and have experienced little difficulty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information