Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good Paint for Plastic

Does anyone knows a good black paint to use for the Fzr rear seat? The paint I use keeps chipping off ..... It's annoying to keep painting this over and over lol
    Pls help

Nothing will be great if it is in area that gets constantly flexed. Colorbond makes one of the best vinyl paints that I know of. Many of the auto and boat manufacturers recommend it to dealers for touch-up and repair work. Not tried it on a PWC seat, but it works great on many other applications: http://www.bryndana.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
    Nothing will be great if it is in area that gets constantly flexed. Colorbond makes one of the best vinyl paints that I know of. Many of the auto and boat manufacturers recommend it to dealers for touch-up and repair work. Not tried it on a PWC seat, but it works great on many other applications: http://www.bryndana.com/index.html
    I am going to try it to see how it works. Hopefully it won't chip as fast lol

+1
    Take the seat to an upholster. he can die anything to match. it will fill all the cracks really well. I use to work an an Old school car sales place that sold Porsche's Mercedes,Rolls,ete... and they had a guy that would die the seats with an airbrush and die and man do those seats ever look good after.. I mean like crinkled real bad wear on the leather and it would come out like new,,,,minus the creases of course already there from use. Any paint will flake off eventually. too much flexing in that area..Die doesn't flake.

OR,,, Get the seat recovered like mine in my avatar.. Red Gator and Carbon Fiber!. 2-fifty for that one including enbroidering. Came out sweet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat 2.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	265742  

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Take the seat to an upholster. he can die anything to match. it will fill all the cracks really well. I use to work an an Old school car sales place that sold Porsche's Mercedes,Rolls,ete... and they had a guy that would die the seats with an airbrush and die and man do those seats ever look good after.. I mean like crinkled real bad wear on the leather and it would come out like new,,,,minus the creases of course already there from use. Any paint will flake off eventually. too much flexing in that area..Die doesn't flake.

OR,,, Get the seat recovered like mine in my avatar.. Red Gator and Carbon Fiber!. 2-fifty for that one including enbroidering. Came out sweet.
    I am sorry buddy I don't think you understood me, or I didn't explain very well.

What I need is, paint for the Fzr rear sear but for the plastic parts below the seat. Not the actual seat it self.
    The piece that is like grey. I keep painting it black, but it keeps chipping lol

The seat it self, I already had it done all black with carbon fiber. That was the first thing I did to my Ski

+1
    Oh ok.. I see what ya need now. Krylon sells some paint called FUSION paint in a can and it works good. just sand it lightly with 150 to 220 first. sticks better and wipe clean with wax and grease remover to get rid of any contaminants before you spray.

I bet your seat looks cool all carbon fiber looking!

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Oh ok.. I see what ya need now. Krylon sells some paint called FUSION paint in a can and it works good. just sand it lightly with 150 to 220 first. sticks better and wipe clean with wax and grease remover to get rid of any contaminants before you spray.

I bet your seat looks cool all carbon fiber looking!
    I am going to take a look into that paint also... Thanks for the info.. Hopefully it helps

+1
    SEM also makes a plastic paint, and adhesion promoter. That's what I've got, but haven't actually painted it yet

Works great!....and I didn't sand.

A lot more options than what I expected... Probably going to try that first, cause I don't really want to sand lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information