Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,805
    +1
    2,024

    Anyone here been hit with the $100 fine for not complying with the census?

    We returned our 2010 census form, however the only question we answered was how many people live at our residence. Then last year we got the American Community Survey in the mail. I didn't fill it out because I thought the questions were extremely intrusive. A few things they wanted to know were: our annual income, where we get our health insurance, who we work for & what time we leave for work(that's a little spooky). So today I get a visit from a census worker. When I refused to answer his questions he got a little annoyed & asks me if I don't care about unemployment. My reply was that if he wanted to know how much I make then they can get that from the IRS, & anything beyond me telling him how many people live here is none of the government's business. At this point his tone becomes a bit threatening & tells me I'll be getting a letter from his boss, which is when I said goodnight & closed the door.

    I know they can levy a $100 fine for not sending it in, but I'm just curious if anyone here has ever had them come after you for it.

    Here's a link to the survey:
    http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Downlo...12/Quest12.pdf


  2. #2
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,591
    +1
    4,798
    That's pretty creepy. Next they'll want to know what you eat for breakfast and how many times you piss every day. What's amazing is the Feds will ask you all those questions, then turn around and sue Arizona because it's law enforcement officers actually dared to inquire about a person’s immigration status.

  3. #3
    steach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rock Tavern, NY
    Posts
    3,174
    +1
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I know they can levy a $100 fine for not sending it in, but I'm just curious if anyone here has ever had them come after you for it.
    It took two+ months and three layers of supervisor but they finally stopped dropping by and asking.
    My response was always "I do not wish to participate" or "I understand that... but I do not wish to participate".
    -no sign of them in more than a year.

  4. #4
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,896
    +1
    506
    I told the wife never to answer the door when I wasnt home and always be prepared for intruders! Those people came out numerous times last year finally left a note but we never responded! They can go F themselves I will never give them any info except PLEASE exit my property now or?????? LOL

  5. #5
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,019
    +1
    308


    Awww, c'mon guys. These are good folks working for us tax payers...

  6. #6
    H2HO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    4,063
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    We returned our 2010 census form, however the only question we answered was how many people live at our residence. Then last year we got the American Community Survey in the mail. I didn't fill it out because I thought the questions were extremely intrusive. A few things they wanted to know were: our annual income, where we get our health insurance, who we work for & what time we leave for work(that's a little spooky). So today I get a visit from a census worker. When I refused to answer his questions he got a little annoyed & asks me if I don't care about unemployment. My reply was that if he wanted to know how much I make then they can get that from the IRS, & anything beyond me telling him how many people live here is none of the government's business. At this point his tone becomes a bit threatening & tells me I'll be getting a letter from his boss, which is when I said goodnight & closed the door.

    I know they can levy a $100 fine for not sending it in, but I'm just curious if anyone here has ever had them come after you for it.

    Here's a link to the survey:
    http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Downlo...12/Quest12.pdf
    So... how many aliens are you hiding anyway?

  7. #7
    Almost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cape May, NJ
    Posts
    778
    +1
    73
    Man you some of you really think the world is out to get you. I'm sure your life isn't that important and is just like millions of other people. All the data compiled is public data and all can be accessed online. Including all the results to all the questions, they are not keeping it a secret. If the data is personal like health related and there is not enough houses with in the block group the data is withheld. I don't think you people fully understand the importance of the survey or realize how much research is derived from this data. I'm just now completing my senior seminar project as a Geography Major as West Chester University and more then half my class would not be able to complete their projects without data derived from the census.

    For example here is some data for West Chester, Pa have fun trying to hunt me down to kill from some of this oh so invasive data.http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/...prodType=table

    Also census employees are under strict confidentiality agreements and face stiff penalties for divulging information.

    Also just so you all know just because you didn't fill it out does not mean then don't know anything about you. Surprise surprise all you neighbors did, and by using the data of others around you they start to piece together the people that live in that neighborhood. People assimilate and tend to fallow what other people are doing. So more often then not you live next to people that are just like you in more ways then not. So they just guess how much $$$ you make and if you are married and on and on.

  8. #8
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    Thats fine... they can keep guessing. I dont feel the need to have gov't all up in my life. That survey in question screams communism to me.

  9. #9
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Gotta love big government, Have nothing better to do than watch over the little people and get paid big dollars to do it....If they want to be involved in my life so bad then maybe they should send somebody over to wipe my ass every time a take a dump,that way they can document if im regular or not.....

  10. #10
    Almost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cape May, NJ
    Posts
    778
    +1
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Thats fine... they can keep guessing. I dont feel the need to have gov't all up in my life. That survey in question screams communism to me.
    Just to let you know the information is not allowed to be shared with other branches of the government. So even if you are an illegal immigrant you have nothing to worry about.
    I got a question for you how many little reward cards do you have? If you really want something to worry about get rid of all your plastic and deal everything in cash. Every purchase you make with reward cards is used to profile you and identify things about you. What you buy tells alot more about someone then you think. Plus you don't know what they are doing with that info most likely selling it. Something the Census is not.

    Keep thinking that way you are you are not doing society any favor. Lots of people in my class are doing research on chemicals found in water and there relation to cause cancer. The data they use for this comes from the census. This is important research that needs be done and people are not. Now all of PA is drinking contaminated water and nobody cares. The sad part is that students are finding this out not the GOV or the private sector.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 03:04 PM
  2. Anyone here have any experience with the WSM Replacement Wear Ring?
    By fosgate99 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 09:47 AM
  3. Anyone here with a PS3
    By Pettee in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 07:01 PM
  4. Anyone here ride the 250 yet?
    By Pistonwash in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 09:06 PM
  5. anyone in central TX with a open trailer spot to the mudbug
    By rapidacceleration in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •